Associate Director / Director Scientific Due Diligence on rAAVs / Gene Therapies
Note: This role can be graded as Associate Director or Director and is located in Belgium. Post-Covid a full and generous relocation package is available. Until then home working is offered as standard!
Note: My client has committed to do Digital Hiring and Digital On-Boarding process in place to allow a smooth transition during the outbreak. During the next period, new hires will be allowed to work from home, until such a time occurs when normal working returns. At this point, if you are not residing in Belgium the role will require you to relocate, which is fully expensed and supported by my client, until this time, this and many other roles are using remote working!
About the Client
This role is with a successful bio-/pharmaceutical company with a global footprint where people are encouraged and developed:-
- Has a track record in developing mAbs more than 15 years and was an early adopter of mAb’s, now they intend to expand the portfolio to include Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors (rAAVs)
- Invested already in VVs and expect this discovery and research pipeline to move soon to the clinical phases
- My client is growing by around 15-20% year-on-year, and has invested steadily in R&D by >21% of T/O over last 5 years for a number of therapies areas including rare diseases, and wider disease targets
- The company was to bring in more advanced therapies into the portfolio, and have an established licensing and alliances team to establish future research collaborations with both Academic and Drug Incubator companies worldwide, this role is part of this team!
About this Opportunity
My client is currently looking for a talented, senior (in vitro or in vivo) biologist or pharmacologist with a. 10+ years of research / industry experience of which some or all will have been focused on gene or cell therapy disease target research or an associate discover to translational medicines development role to join their Partnering Team.
You will consider this role if you have been working in a number of backgrounds:-
- Research Directors or Leader / Investigators (so could be VVs or individuals with CARTs or siRNAs) with exposure to licensing or industry collaborations, who have taken ATMP NBEs through to handover to clinical phases
- rAAVs or ATMPs Principal / Senior Scientists (so could be VVs or individuals with CARTs or siRNAs) who have a flair for networking combined with the Post Docs and qualifications needs to crunch the data packages
- Individuals working in Gene Therapy who are part of teams reviewing collaborations and licensing R&D opportunities as part of a greater role!
The Partnering team you will join is fundamental to the development of the internal pipeline and will provide the ideal environment for someone who thrives on networking, combined with the scientific expertise required to appropriately review Viral Vector NBEs from data given by the originator mostly in a pre-clinical in-vitro / in-vivo data packs provided confidentially. You will the scientific expertise whether this is from rAAVs or other Viral Vector experiences or another Gene Therapy modality, to ask the right questions, assess the data, identify the gaps, risks and potentiality of the opportunity.
You will be as a ‘drug hunter’ the person who works internally and externally to identify and review these opportunities and provide data review and then advocacy for your insights and recommendations, as well as defend / extend your reports to the internal licensing, translation medicines experts and scientific stakeholders.
Package & Benefits
This role is based in Brussels, Belgium and comes with full relocation, including disturbance allowances, temporary high-quality apartment, schooling if needed as well as a tax reduction package (for non-Belgium Nationals). The role comes with a car, bonus and stock plan, and there is ample opportunity to grow in this organization.
To learn more and apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Javier Monfort or Matt Greig on +44 (0)207 801 3385 or +44 (0)207 801 3386 for an initial discussion about the role and other projects.
About Advanced Search & Our Network
Advanced Search, has a network of affiliated companies including ADV Regulatory, and ADV Talent Partners. Together, we are specialists in Regulatory Affairs and Life Sciences recruitment especially around mAbs and biologicals for roles in R&D and Commercialization and have been established and hiring in this area since 2005.
Our team know our subject matter areas and our mission is to help you grow your career each and every step of the way. We have helped many of today's leading companies develop strong regulatory sciences functions and are known for hiring complimentary teams that work well with each other, at owner-contributor, strategy leading and people management levels.
We provide a high level of service because we believe this matters.
Contact us today to see how we can help you, make that next career move on
+44 (0)20 7801 3380
All applications are kept in confidence and we invite applications from all members of the Academic, Research & Development based bio-/pharmaceutical community.