Senior or Principal Scientist Molecular Biology for IMP/GMP Analytical Development, BE
Relocation: This role is in Belgium, and comes with a full relocation. If Covid restarted, they will bring you over and you will initially work from a temporary apartment until you find your own place, at their expense and cost. You will benefit from a relocation package which includes tickets, logistics, removals, and a settling in allowance. The Hiring and On-Boarding process is done online.
About This Opportunity
This role is for Scientist or Senior Scientist who wants a grade step up, to be one of a core team who will develop the lab and platform at my client for rAAVs, this is a role working de novo (but they do have 3 assets to bring into IMP mfg).
You will already have actual industry experience in assay development for Adeno Associated Viral Vectors under GMP conditions to develop reliable and robust QC methods for validation, identification and characterization (molecular techniques, not phys chem) of the NBEs.
What I really like about this role, is the newness of the team, the fact you will help create the labs (this has started), and train / develop and coach the Scientists and Jr Scientists – this role will in time give you management experience.
My client is a well-known Biotech organization with an extensive proven portfolio of small and large molecules which have the aim to step strong on the next generation of products in new modalities and is preparing Market Authorizations and New Drugs Applications for this new products. This rAAV pipeline is a major multi-million Euro investment, with the stated aim to have IMPs in Clinical Studies within a short period of time (they have the VV molecules already in pre-clinical waiting).
This role will be interesting for you because:
- The reason I find this role exciting is because you will be part of the core team that pioneers the Viral Vector platform de novo! And you will be the main responsible to build the Analytical Package for AAVs.
- You can grow in management and leadership, progressively, as the overall teams expand from 7 to 25 FTEs in the next 12 months.
- The organization has stated their objective to develop and commercialize drugs for new modalities in rare diseases, Immunology among other and this includes too RNAs and AAV.
- They are head-quartered in Europe which will give you better visibility and make it easier for you to engage and collaborate with your interested parties and stakeholders.
- As well, your colleagues will be experts (highly educated and experienced at Ph.D. level) whose have developed in the company or recently joined with a great Biotech expertise to share.
Your Experience & Skills
The core team you will be joining will be composed by other 2 experts with strong capabilities in Bioassays and Physico-Chemico and yourself bringing your expertise in QC Molecular Biology Methods.
- You will be responsible for training and hiring the team as you will be coaching the Scientists and Jnr Scientists, so you will be able to progressively evolve on this role to a team management either matrixed or direct.
- You will participate on the concept design of the lab to get ready (with your selected equipment) to execute your techniques and assays for the AAVs.
- Main responsibility will be to develop the clinical characterization of the reliable analytical methods to build the analytical package for Identification and Quality Control of this assets by methods like: dd-PCR, EF, WB, ELISA, NGS, SDS-Page and Flow-cytometry.
- Co-management of assays and procedure transfers to CDMOs.
- Expertise in AAV Analytical Package including the preparation for CMC Modules.
Package & Benefits:
Includes relocation, disturbance allowances, a temporary apartment while you look for a place to stay, 48 days off a year (not a typo), tax reduction package (for non-Belgium nationals) as well as a decent basic and bonus – plus the greatest benefit is that you will be part of the team that will be pioneering the Viral Vector platform de novo to bring assets through Clinical and into Commercial manufacturing.
To learn more and apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Javier Monfort or Matt Greig on +44 (0)207 801 3385 or +44 (0)207 801 3386 for an initial discussion about the role and other projects.
About Advanced Search & Our Network
Advanced Search, has a network of affiliated companies including ADV Regulatory, and ADV Talent Partners. Together, we are specialists in Regulatory Affairs and Life Sciences recruitment especially around mAbs and biologicals for roles in R&D and Commercialization and have been established and hiring in this area since 2005.
Our team know our subject matter areas and our mission is to help you grow your career each and every step of the way. We have helped many of today's leading companies develop strong regulatory sciences functions and are known for hiring complimentary teams that work well with each other, at owner-contributor, strategy leading and people management levels.
We provide a high level of service because we believe this matters.
Contact us today to see how we can help you, make that next career move on
+44 (0)20 7801 3380
All applications are kept in confidence and we invite applications from all members of the Academic, Research & Development based bio-/pharmaceutical community.