Gene therapy AAV’s Manufacture Head
Note: This role is located in Belgium. Post-Covid a full and generous relocation package is available. Until then home working is offered as standard!
Note: My client has committed to do Digital Hiring and Digital On-Boarding process in place to allow a smooth transition during the outbreak. During the next period, new hires will be allowed to work from home, until such a time occurs when normal working returns. At this point, if you are not residing in Belgium the role will require you to relocate to Brussels, which is fully paid for by my client, but until this time, this and many other roles are using remote working.
This role can be a Director or Associate Director Grade, dependent upon your experience and capabilities!
About our client:
The company is not an incubator, they are a research-based bio-/pharmaceutical, with many successful marketed products and were one of the first to register a mAb, now they are offering a role specialized in innovative gene therapies to lead their manufacturing platform build for rAAVs.
The company vision underpins the ambition to transform lives of the people with rare and severe diseases for good and the focus is always the patients. They are continually working to advance and get new expertise to fulfill this objective, with rAAVs showing a higher potential to cure rare diseases, they now intend to expand the portfolio to include rAAVs by bringing in their preclinical asset into the clinical phases.
About the role:
Our client is aims to strengthen their AAV MSAT team and they are looking for an biologicals manufacturing lead with experience in bioengineering, for up/downstream processes on biologicals (starting on mAbs or recombinants before moving to Viral Vector manufacturing),:-
- If you would consider an Associate Director role, it is likely you will have managed VV campaigns for Ph 1/2 IMPs, as a technical manager or lead, with oversight for delivery of the campaign, and now want to work sponsor side leading CDMOs and developing internal manufacturing under the support of the Senior Director
- If you would consider a Director role, it is likely you will have worked in both Clinical and GMP manufacture, and have switched to viral vectors in the last 2-3 years; you will have built out manufacturing lines and have experience in managing CDMOs
- Either way, the main challenge will be to build the roadmap through strong technical and leadership skills to drive the company forward for manufacturing of VV IMPs with associated planning and co-creation of costs strategy, as well as the consolidation of a network for the supply of CDMOs
- You will also lead the Transfer in / out for CDMO’s stablishing the internal capacity and capability to co-develop with other stakeholders the CapEx plans, leveraging internal resources by deciding what is or isn’t done in-house and then reduce risks and support a better scale-up and GMP capability.
- In a long term prospect, the technical knowledge applied will bring site through validation and the company into full GMP commercial manufacturing.
Package & Benefits
This role is based in Brussels, Belgium and comes with full relocation, including disturbance allowances, temporary high-quality apartment, schooling if needed as well as a tax reduction package (for non-Belgium Nationals).
The role comes with a car, bonus and stock plan, and there is ample opportunity to grow in this organization. During the Covid outbreak, you will work from home in your country of origin until travel restrictions are lifted!
To learn more and apply for this role, please send your CV with a covering note to email@example.com. You can also contact Javier Monfort or Matt Greig on +44 (0)207 801 3385 or +44 (0)207 801 3386 for an initial discussion about the role and other projects.
About Advanced Search & Our Network
Advanced Search, has a network of affiliated companies including ADV Regulatory, and ADV Talent Partners. Together, we are specialists in Regulatory Affairs and Life Sciences recruitment especially around mAbs and biologicals for roles in R&D and Commercialization and have been established and hiring in this area since 2005.
Our team know our subject matter areas and our mission is to help you grow your career each and every step of the way. We have helped many of today's leading companies develop strong regulatory sciences functions and are known for hiring complimentary teams that work well with each other, at owner-contributor, strategy leading and people management levels.
We provide a high level of service because we believe this matters.
Contact us today to see how we can help you, make that next career move on
+44 (0)20 7801 3380
All applications are kept in confidence and we invite applications from all members of the Academic, Research & Development based bio-/pharmaceutical community.