We have an exciting opportunity as Manager, Clinical Operations (Line Management) dedicated to one our main clients. This person will oversee a team of CRAs and CTAs being in charge of establishing goals and objectives as well as tracking and delivering on operational performance.
Our Clinical FSP Unit
IQVIA Clinical FSP business is unique. Our teams are dedicated to a single sponsor partner, where the common goal is quality delivery for our clients. We set ourselves apart with collaboration and face to face contact both at start up and during the clinical study. Leadership recognizes the skills, talent and experience of our clinical teams and strives to build upon this as the function evolves and grows.
Our Clinical Operations Managers understand the sponsors priorities and the individual aspects of each model. Focus is given to career development from day one, including new hire orientation and onboarding, day to day problem solving and training and development.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations:
- planning, assigning, and directing work
- appraising performance and guiding professional development
- rewarding and disciplining employees
- addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems
- approve actions on human resources matters
- Participate in recruitment & selection activities by conducting candidate review and participating in the interviewing process.
- Manage onboarding process by conducting onboarding training for new staff in conjunction with Human Resources and Learning and Development training programs.
- Ensure that staff has the proper materials, systems access and training to complete job responsibilities.
- Provide oversight for the execution of the training plan, SOP review and mentored training experiences, as applicable.
- Participate in the allocation of resources to clinical research projects by assigning staff to clinical studies that are appropriate to their experience and training.
- Manage the quality of assigned staff's clinical work through regular review and evaluation of work product.
- Identifies quality risks and issues and create appropriate corrective action plans to prevent or correct deficiencies in performance of staff.
- Ensures that staff are meeting defined workload and quality metrics through regular review and reporting of findings as outlined by clinical operations management.
To become part of our team, you should have:
- Extensive experience in Clinical Research, including minimum 2 years' experience in a leadership role related with clinical trials monitoring.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH/applicable guidelines, solid understanding of new methodologies in research e.g. remote monitoring.
- Excellent management and communication skills, ability to present to senior management
- Fluent English language skills, written and spoken
- Ability to translate company strategy into motivational local practices
- Ability to coach/mentor and develop staff
- Ability to lead, collaborate and build effective relationships (including cross-functionally) with co-workers, managers, sites and customers
- Ability to plan and meet project objectives/conflicting priorities
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
Become part of our team.
We believe in hiring the best talent in the industry.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.