Critical Care are a complex field in Clinical Trials.
Unpredictable projects, think of the patients. Usually they are critically ill, suffer from overlapping diseases and no drugs are approved to treat their conditions.
At Covance UK we are developing what could be the first pharmacological treatment for a severe condition affecting 3+ million patients worldwide and associated with high mortality rate.
Saving lives, advancing medicine. Weren´t these the main reasons you became a CRA in the first place?
This job requires a very specific profile and we can only consider professionals who bring experience facing the numerous ethical and regulatory requirements of these type of studies. This is why we are looking for:
- CRA II or SCRA who have monitored Intensive Care Unit , Critical Care trials, or
- CRA II or SCRA who have former ICU, Critical care nursing or study coordinator experience
This is a permanent job with Covance
- Location: You can be home based anywhere in the UK, or office based in Maidenhead or Edinburgh
- Scope of monitoring: you would be monitoring across intensive care units within the main hospital centers in the UK.
THE COVANCE DIFFERENCE: OUR MANAGERS AND THE TEAM
Covance is committed to the well-being and development of its CRAs and one of the values of the UK Full Service group is its strong Management and great supportive team spirit between all the colleagues.
Time and again staff comment on their amazing colleagues in Covance and the camaraderie of the department, with many people starting their careers or joining us, developing and remaining with us for many years.
Our Management team constantly review study/site allocations and workload to actively balance with wellbeing of staff, and take actions to address where needed working closely with project teams, unlike a lot of other CROs.
DEVELOPMENT & GROWTH: WHERE WILL YOUR CURIOSITY TAKE YOU?
And after this study… what?
We can accommodate your career advancement desires: you will have exposure across the broadest clinical trial portfolio and we are flexible so you can rotate among protocols and study types to build the career you want. Join Covance´s Full Service Clinical Operations to benefit from:
- Working on all phases I-IV, including the most innovative Early Clinical studies
- Therapeutic Areas: Oncology, CardioVascular, General Medicine, Rare Diseases, Infectious Diseases, NASH, Neurology
- Cross-development into other departments across the organization is a key factor in our retention! Unlike other CROs, there are not fixed boundaries between our teams: we offer flexibility with great opportunity to grow into a sponsor dedicated career, or Clinical Team Leadership or Line Management.
- Client facing tasks/opportunities are also available in the Clinops environment for those with an interest in this
Joining Covance UK allows you to have a faster tracked pathway for Team Leadership or Project Management thanks to our structured European CTL Mentoring, Training or our Project Management Academy, both Covance initiatives committed to retaining and developing our talented staff
There is also the opportunity to mentor junior CRAs and help to develop our home grown talent – In-house CRAs (IHCRAs) who have aspirations to become CRAs – by becoming involved as a trainer in the well regarded Covance Monitoring Excellence Academy and performing onsite training visits.
- University life science degree
Extensive knowledge of:
- Drug development process and client needs.
- ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs
For this role, we can only consider:
- CRA II or SCRA who have monitored Intensive Care Unit / Critical Care trials, or
- CRA II SCRA who have former ICU/Critical care nursing or study coordinator experience
Previous CRA II or SCRA Clinical Trial Monitoring experience in the UK is needed: ph I-III, with proven track record of pre-study, initiation, routine monitoring and closeout visits.
Ability to monitor study sites independently according to protocol monitoring guidelines, SOPs, GCP and ICH Guidelines
Excellent understanding of Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reporting
Ability to resolve project-related problems and prioritize workload for self and team