3 - The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend peoples' lives.
The Global Procurement Category Head (Indirect Spend), leads all strategic aspects within the category of indirect Spend across divisions, on a Global level and develops proposals for strategic business decisions.
Leading a team of Senior Global or/and Regional Procurement Category Managers, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring budget-alignment, strategy and productivity achievement, including design and delivery of margin expansion initiatives across Novartis.
The purpose of the role is to develop and maintain all organisational structures and necessary internal alignments to ensure an effective procurement process and provide high value external solutions to the business supporting projects.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deriving game-changing strategies by defining clear category objectives, working with analytical data, business partners and market expertise. Aligning strategies to measurable target and clearly conveying them to the organisation.
• Creating Procurement vision based on insights into procurement leading practices and experience in strategy development. Linking Procurement strategy to Novartis' overall strategy and conveying it clearly to the organisation.
• Mapping the value chain, analysing it and deriving potential scenarios. Includes the understanding and application of total cost of ownership, and should cost modelling.
• Applying risk management processes including identifying and evaluating risks, and defining and executing a risk mitigation plan. Projecting the dynamics and impacts (e.g. mergers and acquisitions). Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies.
• Participating in and / or leading financial discussions. Applying financial knowledge to participate actively, e.g. in budgeting process, including tax aspects in sourcing strategies and structuring sophisticated deals with ecosystem partners.
• Managing data analysis and reporting, e.g. analysing spend, demand, supply markets and competitors.
• Executing the Source-to-Contract process including respective strategies, approaches and methods: preparing and conducting fact-based negotiations. Adapting tactics from a broad portfolio of negotiation strategies to achieve results that support business and Procurement objectives.
• Creating an environment of coaching and ongoing capability development, motivating individuals to perform at its best. Setting clear performance goals in collaboration with teams / individuals, monitoring outcome and holding them accountable.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University/Advanced level degree needed.
• 10+ years of relevant business experience (industry specific experience).
• 10+ years of experience in procurement category management, supplier management, or related area,
• Strong project management or other leadership experience.
• Master's Degree/other advanced degree in the Business Administration or Information Systems or Digital Transformation is preferred.
• Previous experience focused in the Indirect domain or a background in Procurement and Supply Chain Consulting.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2019 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis