Covance is recruiting a Software Engineer for a dynamic team in Warsaw, Poland.
Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
As a Software Engineer, you will participate in the design and development of next-generation, cloud-based SaaS web and mobile technologies to enable scalable, secure and intuitive access to data by Covance's global network of employees and commercial SaaS customers. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help drive product innovation and work with internal and external engineering teams to prototype and launch data-enabled capabilities and service offerings. Key areas of focus include: 1) the integration and analysis of preclinical, clinical, health outcomes, and social networking data to improve protocol design, clinical site selection, and patient enrollment; 2) the design of intuitive visual interfaces to enhance the efficiency and quality of clinical monitoring; 3) the development of advanced software systems and interfaces for clinical trial design and simulation; 4) the development of integrated clinical trial dashboards for internal and external use; and 5) the development of analytic tools and methodologies for resource forecasting and utilization.
We seek smart, focused, passionate self-starters who bring energy, new ideas and practical experience to a fast-paced and dynamic team, are obsessed with delivering useful and elegant solutions, and care deeply about their customers and each other. Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software for integrating, processing and visualizing clinical data at scale.
- Participate in the full development cycle of web and mobile SaaS products from product inception, research and prototyping to release in production.
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality of programming through standards enforcement, peer code review and automated tools.
- Establish and promote agile development principles and best practices for software development.
- Partner with internal and external clients to translate business needs into elegant and workable systems.
- Measurably impact company performance by delivering high quality, scalable data products.
- BS/MS in computer science, information systems, life sciences, or similar.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in software development in delivery of custom data-driven software solutions
- Proficiency with building and consuming RESTful APIs and JSON
- Solid knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Strong knowledge of general algorithms, design patterns and good coding practices
- Experience with agile software development and the ability to rapidly iterate in a dynamic environment
- Experience with UI design principles, data visualization, and making apps work intuitively
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to apply standards and processes
- Self-motivated, strong delivery focus, and ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience with full stack web application development
- Experience with cross platform mobile app development
- Experience with web application security
- Experience with DevOps and containerization(Docker) to support continuous delivery and automation
- Experience with NoSQL databases and big data technologies.
- Experience building cloud-based solutions with Amazon AWS or Azure
- Experience with life science and/or healthcare data.