160! The number of clinical projects currently in development at Novartis!
We are now looking for a highly energised and passionate Medical Director (Chief Scientific Officer) to continue to lead and drive the UK Medical and Scientific functions as we bring our new and innovative products to market.
As the UK Medical Director and CSO, you will take responsibility for leading the overall strategic and operational medical, scientific, functional and educational programs of the UK medical function. You shall lead the assigned medical teams and ensure close team collaboration with key internal partners (e.g. Global Drug Development (GDD), Market Access and Commercial) as well as external partners through trustful engagement with key Medical Experts, health care providers and patient associations.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Drive the overall medical functional strategy in line with country business needs.
• Ensure high quality and fit-for-purpose activities aligned with global, region or country strategy (e.g. co-chair franchise ISRC meetings with GDD Therapeutic Area Heads).
• Excellence in allocation of resources, operational execution and financial tracking to ensure timely and cost-effective development & execution of medical activities, such as clinical studies, publications, medical information & communications, and field medical.
• Lead the country Functional Medical Affairs Team, develop overall direction, objectives, metrics and priorities to facilitate optimal team & individual performance.
• Ensure appropriate competencies, effective talent management as well as organisational culture & structures are in place to execute the country medical strategy.
• Excellence in collaboration with other functions e.g. Market Access, GDD and Commercial to achieve company goals.
• Collaborate with external partners to co-create value, including trustful relationships with key Medical Experts and patient associations.
• Ensure design and execution of all medical activities according to P3 compliance guidelines.
What you'll bring to the role:
• A strong background in Medical Education and Scientific Engagement.
• Experience of Strategy Development.
• People Leadership skills.
• Proven experience of P&L or Unit Accountability.
• STEAM - Applied Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math Medical Science and Disease Area knowledge.
• Understanding of Third-Party Sponsored Trials Medical Governance Regulations & Guidelines.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis