Senior Financial Analyst - MunichWho We Are
Synteract is a global full-service contract research organization with a successful three-decade track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies. With our mission of "Bringing Clinical Trials to Life," we provide customized Phase I through IV services internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in Oncology, Neuro Degenerative Diseases, and Rare and Orphan Diseases, and in pediatric populations. Our mission is to support the innovation and development of better therapies in healthcare.Position Overview
The Senior Financial Analyst is supporting the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis function. The function provides financial information to management in order to assist them in making well-informed business decisions (e.g., a quality check of contracts in all financial matters such as payment terms and selling rates in addition to the broad matters such as resource planning, variance analysis, segment and service line profitability analysis, etc.).Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Increase quality of deliverables in line with requirements of the business using systems and applications
- Continuously improve the use and output of the time and entry system to increase the transparency of the project profitability
- Obtain and analyze financial information to provide accurate and timely
- Financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
- Conduct, improve and manage the continued development of Budgeting,
- Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Financial Models globally
- Support preparation of monthly financial reports and monthly private equity investor's financial presentations
- Support the development of annual budget globally
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, capital expenditures, treasury and resourcing; highlight trends and analyzes causes of unexpected variance.
- Prepare year-end documents for auditors according to US-GAAP/Local GAAP and interface with auditors.
- Proven track record in financial analyses, accounting knowledge and controlling
- High level of understanding of project business
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related topics
- 3 years + experience in Finance/Controlling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook, Dynamics AX
- The individual must be highly motivated and a self-starter with a professional personal demeanour who thrives in a challenging environment
- Effective verbal and writing skills; English + local language, if relevant
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with management at the Executive level
- High flexibility / high service orientation
- Stress resilience to cope with high workload in a fast-paced environment, deliver high-quality results within tight deadlines
If you're passionate about bringing clinical trials to life, we encourage you to apply today!
Synteract's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Candidates must possess current and valid authorization to work in the country to which they are applying. #LI-DL1