Director, Project Management - Europe
Office Based or Remote Based
Who We Are
Synteract is a global full-service contract research organization with a successful three-decade track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies. With our mission of "Bringing Clinical Trials to Life," we provide customized Phase I through IV services internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in Oncology, Neuro Degenerative Diseases, and Rare and Orphan Diseases, and in pediatric populations. Our mission is to support the innovation and development of better therapies in healthcare.
The Director PM (DPM) mentors and facilitates an efficient and effective project management group by managing company processes and systems within the framework of the company's mission statement, policy and philosophy. He/She will be responsible for all aspects of the department including quality and performance, budget, staff, resourcing and selections and support of study deliverables. Ensure that staff effectively manage projects or programs on time and within budget.
Specific Tasks would Include:
- The main point of escalation and problem solver for the Project Management Department.
- Optimize the profitability of the department to meet or exceed the department budget.
- Provide department reports to senior management relating to department finances and performance
- Successfully engage with clients and support Synteract business development in global business needs and acting as suitable support within the required study governance structure.
- Monitors and participates in the overall direction, strategy and performance standards for Project Managers/Project Directors/project teams:
- Ensures services provided to clients are compliant with company policies, procedures, SOPs, ICH-GCPs, client contractual expectations and country specific regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with senior management to assure projects are meeting corporate and client objectives.
- Responsible for selection, training, development and performance management of Project Managers and Project Directors
- Primary interface with client representatives as well as staff members to ensure the timely initiation and completion of clinical trials.
- Ensures appropriate resources are available to meet corporate /client/project objectives while achieving optimal utilization of the staff.
- Ensures that each project is managed within the contracted schedule and budget via the monthly project review process.
- Provides leadership to the project management department. Transmits and facilitates corporate messages and initiatives to the department.
- Ensure that staff and teams maintain effective communication and working relationships with other departments
- Represents the project management department in forums and meetings inside and outside of the company.
- Acts as the key relationship manager for assigned clients; recommend courses of action regarding client management issues; implement plan following approval by Senior Management.
- Provides advice and counsel to senior management on appropriate project/processes to streamline project coordination and decision-making.
- Management responsibilities require one to hire and assimilate employees; to provide on-going feedback and development; to document and deliver annual performance reviews; to coach, counsel and make a determination of involuntary separation of employees as appropriate.
- Provides project management mentorship and training to the Project Management group.
- Prepares proposals, budgets and contracts.
- Perform other duties and activities as required by the department or company.
- Bachelor degree in a related field of study and a minimum of 10 years applicable industry experience with at least 8 years managing projects or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years PM leadership experience within a CRO is required.
- Preferred therapeutic experience includes Oncology, CNS, Rare Disease(s), Pediatrics and / or Dermatology
- Excellent understanding of the principles of project management.
- Strong leadership, influencing and management skills.
- Ability to lead a global project team and effectively manage the project management staff across multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of GCP, ICH guidelines, FDA and other applicable country regulations.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook and internet explorer.
- Effective verbal and writing skills.
- This position requires some travel, in the form of national and potentially international travel to attend client meetings for study related activities or business development assistance as required, up to 50%.
If you're passionate about bringing clinical trials to life, we encourage you to apply today!
Synteract's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Synteract must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire. The Company will not sponsor applicants [to this position] for work visas.