Who We Are
At Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients' lives and we are fearless in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Collaborative innovation is at the very heart of the organisation and we invest more than most other companies in R&D to drive this. We are proud of our history bringing patients first-in-class and best-in-class products as we continue to develop products which have breakthrough designations for high unmet needs. Roche have pioneered a number of novel treatments, having successfully changed treatment paradigm of a number of diseases. We have a truly differentiated portfolio across oncology, inflammation, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neurology which covers a uniquely broad spectrum of innovative solutions for healthcare needs of the future. Projects address all stages of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease as well as enhancing the quality of life. (Assistant / Associate) Clinical Director - Roche - Haematology
With recent exciting developments in the haematology therapy area, we are now looking for a motivated physician with drug development experience in haematology/oncology. This role is an opportunity to redefine haematology treatment based on biomarker selection and work on new endpoints utilising personalised healthcare.
As the Clinical Director you will have the opportunity to take on direct responsibility for the medical monitoring of studies as well as being the clinical science lead for subsequent data analysis and regulatory filings. The successful candidate will integrate findings and strategies across global drug development programs in the organization and more broadly in the field, leveraging up-to-date scientific knowledge towards executing innovative, effective clinical development plans.
The Clinical Director will be responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring, analysis, and reporting of global clinical studies and also act as a clinical representative and content expert to a variety of functions (clinical operations, biostatistics, biomarker, regulatory affairs) within the organization. Other responsibilities will include building long-range strategic plans, establishing productive collaborations with research scientists and other internal and external experts, and assessment of in-licensing business development opportunities.
The successful candidate will be medically qualified. Your defining attribute will be a keen interest in and understanding of drug development. Your experience will ideally encompass a strong backbone in breast cancer and a good knowledge of breast cancer drug development landscape. Skills & Experience:
- Medically qualified with board certification in medical haematology / oncology
- Experience in haematological diseases is favourable
- PhD with experience in basic research and a track record of publication in leading scientific journals would be a plus
- Understand the business and regulatory dimensions in pharmaceutical drug development. Planning clinical trials (design, operational plans, settings) based on these clinical development strategies
- Pharmaceutical or biotech industry drug development experience would be preferred
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to evaluate, interpret and present complex scientific and clinical data
- Being able to participate in complex strategy discussion and provide expert opinion regarding current or future clinical development
- Desire and ability to interact productively with diverse internal and external experts, clinical investigators and corporate partners
- Excellent leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients' lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark and improve lives, apply now.
Good luck with your application. Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Clinical Development