The Risk Management Lead is a strategic and high profile leadership position within the Sustainability & Risk function, which is part of Risk, Contracts & Compliance in Global Procurement. The Risk Management Lead oversees a team of senior risk management professionals responsible for managing Roche's complex and diverse portfolio of suppliers and supports the Head of Sustainability & Risk to design and deliver the long term supplier risk strategy. Main stakeholders include Roche and Genentech procurement functions across Pharma, Diagnostics, and Diabetes Care, Pharma Technical Operations, gRED, pRED, and Roche Group functions.Core accountabilities:Supplier Risk Strategy
Supplier Risk Management
- Works with the Head of Sustainability & Risk to set the long term, strategic vision and establish processes for supplier risk management.
- Collaborate closely with senior members (Dir/Sr Dir/VP) of Global Procurement, Pharma Technical Operations, Group SHE, Group Compliance, Group Business Continuity Management, Diagnostics Direct Sustainability & Risk to execute supplier risk and business continuity strategies.
- In collaboration with the Head of Sustainability & Risk, establishes the strategic vision and direction of the Supplier Sustainability Assurance Visit program and ensures execution.
- Lead the development and implementation of Global Procurement's supplier risk management program, policies, and procedures required to deliver the supplier risk management strategy.
- Lead special projects involving the implementation and change management of major supplier risk management processes and related systems.
- Establish and maintain Global Procurement Business Continuity Management strategy and Pandemic Response plan.
- Develop thought leadership on emerging trends in the pharmaceutical supply chain space.
Thought Leadership and Knowledge Management
- Provide guidance and oversight to the team analyzing supplier risks, advise on supplier risk mitigations, business continuity management plans, supplier corrective action plans, and the Supplier Sustainability Assurance Visit program.
- Address key risks directly with relevant stakeholders and suppliers as needed (escalated high risks).
- Manage external vendor for Supplier Sustainability Assurance Program, including evaluating KPIs and performance level.
- Ensures highest risks and remediation plans are visible to leadership.
- Leads creation of risk tool suite for internal stakeholder use.
- May assist the relevant Global Category Managers in reviewing proposals for compliance with Roche policies, identifying and resolving problematic terms and conditions and issues unique to key suppliers.
- Liaise with Roche and Genentech procurement functions across Pharma, Diagnostics, and Diabetes Care, as well as Pharma Technical Operations, gRED, pRED, and Roche Group functions.
Mgmt. and People Accountabilities:
- Represent Roche in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Initiative (PSCI) and serve on the PSCI Board or on sub-committees and drive the Roche agenda in PSCI initiatives
- Educate and inform the Roche community on best practices, policies and procedures impacting the day to day management of key suppliers.
- Develop and guide people - Manage the performance and talent development of all direct reports. Develop and guide Procurement staff (and project related staff as appropriate) and provide opportunities for professional development and contribute to feedback for project related staff. Define a succession plan for team members to support career development and ensure a pipeline of talent.
Education, experience and skills
- Budgeting for responsible scope - Support Head of Sustainability & Risk with budgeting process to support the annual operating activities of the team.
- Advanced degree in Law, Business, Science, or Engineering
- Expertise in direct materials or research & development procurement or pharmaceutical risk management
- Extensive years of experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical industry including leadership roles
- Proven understanding of drug development, commercialization and operations planning
- Established understanding of manufacturing, supply chain fundamentals and risk management.
- Experienced in continuous improvement of business processes, including process ownership, oversight and monitoring.
- Authoritative command of complexity and ambiguity, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable meaningful business analyses and influence decision-making.
- Proven success in navigating a highly matrix-based organization to deliver against complex program plans.
- Ability to communicate vertically and horizontally through numerous channels, utilize cross-functional network to complete goals.
- Recognized ability to handle more than one complex project simultaneously
- Ability to optimally handle contending priorities and timelines
- Good discernment, high-level critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Understanding of Roche's Business Processes and experience in process reengineering
- Multidisciplinary experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
Audit & Compliance, Audit & Compliance > Audit