Site Contract Specialist - Paris, France
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver start-up activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease start-up timelines and exceed expectations.
We are currently seeking a Contract Specialist to join our SIA (study start up) team in France who will prepare and negotiate contracts, as well as finalise the contract process. As a Site Contract Specialist you will:
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalizes agreements with study sites
- Negotiate investigator grant budgets and contractual terms and conditions, within the established parameters, authority approvals, contractual processes and client expectations
- Ensure compliance of budgetary guidance, templates and processes
- Identify legal, financial and operational risks and escalates as required
- Provide recommendations and alternative resolutions to Investigator Contracts negotiations
- Work with internal departments to ensure various site start-up activities and contractual activities are properly aligned
- Achieve target cycle times for site activations.
- Ensure guidelines and processes are followed for efficient escalation of out of parameter issues
To be considered for the role of Site Contract Specialist you will have the following - Education/Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2-5 years') or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
- Good understanding of the principles of contract law, including a general understanding of laws that influence contract language, such as business, intellectual property and local tax and stamp laws
- Demonstrated ability to apply basic principles of investigator grant negotiation
- General understanding of business and financial principles that related to service agreements
- Capable of drafting and negotiating contract provisions and budgetary issues within parameters
- High attention to detail, good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent analytical and decision based thinking skills
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical product development process and involvement of CROs
- Able to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications
- Good communication skills, focussed on customer service and collaboration
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.