Job Overview: Senior Associate - Market Access
At Covance, we are recognised as a leader in drug development because of our exceptional people. Our team is driven by an energised purpose to improve health and improve lives. Here, you'll partner on diverse, industry-shaping initiatives across the drug development spectrum and build relationships with thought leaders and supportive colleagues which will last a lifetime.
As a Senior Associate within Covance Market Access (CMA)Consulting, you will support client engagements and internal requests. As a key member of client project teams, your contribution will be essential to our business efforts. You will be responsible for research, data collection, analysis and interpretation. You will have the opportunity to conduct stakeholder and market access research, present to clients as required, contribute towards thedevelopment of payer value messages, dossiers, reports and other written deliverables, working with a team that is passionate about helping our clients to optimise market access.
Broad experience in pricing and market access is desirable, along with specific, demonstrable experience within the payer insights and analytics space.
Join us as we work together to create solutions that transform extraordinary potential into reality for our clients-and your career. Responsibilities: Content development:
- The purpose and processes involved with value communication within the healthcare sector,
including the different stakeholders and what may influence their decision making
- The concepts of health economics, reimbursement and market access including a good understanding of the reimbursement processes for key global markets (including EU5 and US).
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical and economic data:
- Ability to source relevant data, taking account of appropriate places to search for data and the type and quality of the source.
- Interpret basic statistics.
- Excellent writing style, which can be adapted as appropriate for different purposes
- Suggest methodological and conceptual approaches to projects
- Develop content outlines with minimal support
- Draft content in line with an outline/approach, including presenting impactful and accurate data
- Participate in content review of materials developed by junior team members including provision of constructive feedback, recognizing the difference between changes that will improve content and those which are stylistic preferences
- Good understanding and application of referencing, document quality management and proofing techniques.
- A good understanding of methods and techniques applied to:
- Payer insights and analytics projects including; assessment of the pricing and market access landscape for a given therapy area, and a detailed understanding of pricing and reimbursement pathways in a range of global markets including EU5
- Payer value communication deliverables such as reimbursement dossiers, market access toolkits, objection handlers, value proposition development and stakeholder identification and insights elicitation
- Health economic modelling projects - a good basic understanding of key concepts
- Draft proposals/quotations for projects similar to those they are familiar with
- Manage small/non-strategic projects with minimal input
- Communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues across the organization
- Mentor more junior staff within project teams
Please can you submit a covering letter together with your CV. #LI-NC1
- Actively participate in client calls and meetings including lead routine client calls where appropriate
- Accurate, thorough note-taking at client meetings/teleconferences
- Draft client correspondence in a concise, appropriate style
Life science undergraduate degree from a reputable university is required. Post-graduatequalifications such as MSc/MRes or PhD are preferred.
The Senior Associate will typically have some prior work experience in aconsulting or research practice, or a health products manufacturer, as a medical writer/analyst or similar role, with specific experience of delivering on projects within the payer insights and analytics space. In addition, solid experience of general market access/ payer value communications, plus a good understanding of general health economic concepts and principles is expected.