3 - The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend peoples' lives.
Aligning globally with respective Category and Procurement business partners, the purpose of this role is to implement Procurement projects to realise key productivity targets, by providing end-to-end category and project management in the ever evolving Global Media area.
The successful candidate will coordinate the main strategies and execution plans for regional media, as well as maintaining oversight and alignment towards managing media auditing frameworks and media performance tracking globally.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for Global Media Strategies and Framework as well as for managing Global Media Agency Governance and Global Media Audits Initiatives.
• Take accountability for and carefully monitor and support sourcing execution and negotiations performed by the buyer (also acting as an escalation point where required); Maintain strong information flows back to global Category team for opportunities to aggregate demand and generate additional leverage.
• Ensure operational Procurement requests are executed in line with category strategies, and in compliance with relevant policies and operating procedures, including preferred supplier agreements.
• Contribute to overall savings opportunity identification and delivery.
• Work with internal partners to identify the most cost-effective ways to deliver business objectives.
• Analysing problems, considering and profiling alternatives; willingness to make timely, balanced recommendations and business decisions.
• Planning, organising and managing projects taking into account priorities, resources, budgets, issues and constraints to achieve desired results; defining clear project scope and objectives; utilising software and tools to plan, track and report status.
• Analysing spend, demand, supply markets and competitors. Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. while providing support in category strategies.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University/Advanced degree is required.
• 3 years+ of relevant procurement experience and contracting experience in Global Media buying and Media agency governance.
• Critical Negotiations Experience working cross-functionally and trans-nationally.
• Extensive experience in sourcing processes (e.g. RFI/RFQ), negotiation strategies, project management, good communication and collaboration skills as well as market analysis capabilities to drive operational excellence.
• Solid experience in navigating in global, matrix organizations and across geographies and cultures.
• Master's degree in fields such as business administration, finance, law or a scientific or technical field is preferred.
• CIPS or similar professional qualification.
• A media background in TV, print, cinema, radio would be advantageous.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis