My client, a global Agri-Food company in Co. Monaghan is recruiting for a Senior Fermentation Scientist. The Senior Scientist is a key role within the Horticulture Research Programme in the company. This role reports to the Fermentation Lead and the Senior Scientist will drive forward sustainability research for the mushroom and wider horticulture industries.
The deliverables of the Senior Scientist role include:
- Providing technical leadership in the development of scalable and cost-effective fermentation processes for microbial products
- Planning and conducting fermentation research and experiments to improve the yield of desirable biomass and bioactivities of various beneficial bacteria and fungi
- Producing high quality materials through fermentation for formulation and field development
- Developing process SOPs and specifications for scale up and manufacture
- Collaborating with other scientists, and technicians in molecular/microbiology, field development and formulation.
- Management of key milestones for a number of research projects
- Development of technical reports and presentation of data to team members and other stakeholders, including company executives
As nature never stops flexibility will be an important feature of this role.
- MSc in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. Biotechnology, Microbial Fermentation, Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc.)
- PhD in a biochemical or biotechnological area will be highly desirable.
- Proven industry experience working with fermentation processes, media development, scale-up and analytical methods is required for this position.
- Proven experience in optimisation of Fermentations for a variety of microorganisms (Bacterial, yeast (recombinant) and Fungal)
- Trouble-shooting skills in the context of fermentation and downstream processing
- Project management experience is required
- A proven track record in research will be advantageous.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.
- It is required that the Senior Scientist holds a driving license to travel in order to achieve deliverables.
For more information and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Tel: +353 1 2784671