: Telephonic Case Manager experience in Oncology a must.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide day-to-day case management oversight and coordination of assigned caseload to ensure parties responsible for tasks are completing them timely, as well as act as a primary resource for patients, healthcare providers and field reimbursement. The Case Manager is responsible for ensuring prior authorizations, re-authorizations and appeals are obtained timely, as well as ensuring accurate documentation of payer information and patient status. In addition, the Case Manager is responsible for completing a pre-screen to determine eligibility for additional services such as injection services, co-pay mitigation, and patient assistance programs (PAP), if applicable. Specific job duties:
- Provide day-to-day oversight and coordination of caseload to ensure all case elements and tasks are completed timely and ensure cases move through the process as required.
- Act as single point of contact responsible for prior authorization and appeal processing communications to patients, healthcare providers, field reimbursement representatives and other external stakeholders.
- Communicate patient benefits and responsibility timely and accurately.
- Assess and refer patients appropriately for special programs/services when appropriate.
- Performs quality checks on cases and report trends to leadership.
- Responsible for good housekeeping techniques, adhering to quality and production standards while complying with all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental programs and procedures.
- Troubleshoot complex cases, spanning multiple disease-states, while interfacing with key stakeholders (internal/external) to ensure optimal start to therapy
- Report Adverse Drug Events that have been experienced by the patient in accordance pharmaceutical requirements.
- Recognize a product quality complaint and forward caller/written information to a manufacturer.
- Other duties, as assigned.
N/ADesired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or six years of relevant working experience
- Two (2) or more years of relevant experience in pharmacy benefit management preferred
- Medical Assistant, Social Worker or Senior Reimbursement Specialist experience preferred
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office applications
- Knowledge of medical and claims processing terminology
- Excellent written/verbal communication to include providing clear instructions
- Must possess a strong critical thinking skillset along with the ability to multi-task
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
While UBC offers employment within Patient Support, Nursing, Pharmacy and Corporate, two main focus areas for the company are Clinical Development & Research and Safety & Risk Management. Members of the Clinical Development and Research teams help evaluate study protocol, target study population, recruit physicians and patients, and collect, clean, validate and report data. As a result, sponsors are able to submit findings to regulatory authorities or make a no-go decision in a timely and clear-cut manner. Additionally, our Safety and Risk Management teams develop, deliver, and report evidence to reinforce safe and appropriate product use.
Through our Patient Access services, we help patients begin therapy quickly and remain on therapy, building strong relationships with patients to ensure optimal care.
You can find out more by visitingwww.ubc.com