The Medical Director is responsible for the quality of products and services as well as actively overseeing physicians; the role also entails a strong commercial aspect. The role has the following primary accountabilities:
- Overseeing the development of product and services for the company
- Cross-functional management responsibilities for physician experience to include the Medical quality organization.
- Commercial networking with hospitals and other public health establishments
- Oversee and execute on employed physician plan to include interviewing, onboarding and ongoing management.
- Identify and participate in continual process improvement opportunities with a goal of improved physician productivity.
- Develop and manage an advocacy program that represents the provider network internally and assesses their ability to perform to company standards
Additional Details About the Role:
- Serve as the face of the department to our physician teams, building meaningful connections to treating physicians and the broader physician community
- Hire, recruit, train and manage employed physicians
- Act as point person for internal representation and education on the provider’s perspective.
- Assess, track and report on overall satisfaction and improvement strategies.
- Evaluate and design initiatives to increase productivity.
- Support the CMO and CQO
- Perform other duties as assigned
To Succeed in This Role You Will Need:
- Medical director experience
- Experience in clinical practice
- Experience with delivering telemedicine care
- Effectiveness in leading physicians
- Software and product methodology
- Financial acumen and can manage to budget and P & L.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in cross-departmental collaboration
- Medical Degree
- MBA is not required but desirable
Compensation & Company Benefits
- Very competitive salary, bonus & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 100% Paid Bonding Time for new mothers and fathers
- Awesome people to work with
- Becoming a part of a movement in telemedicine and building something that matters