About the role:
Due to a recent acquisition we have a new exciting conjugation programme and as part of that we are looking to recruit a highly motivated Associate Scientist highly motivated Associate Scientist with experience in immunohistochemistry to join our Imaging team at Abcam in Cambridge. You will be responsible for the validation of new products in singleplex and multipex immunohistochemistry assays.
The ideal candidate will have experience in manual and automated immunohistochemistry (Leica BOND, and/or Ventana platforms) and knowledge of antibody validation. Experience in IHC multiplexing methods is desirable.
The imaging team is , part of the Antibody Validation and Characterization Group and plays a key role in the validation and characterization of new antibody and Abcam core products. About you: Roles and responsibilities:
- Firm understanding of principles, literature and methods within immunohistochemistry (IHC) field Experimental design and execution of IHC single and multiplex assays
- Imaging and analysis of tissue sections using manual and automated microscopy in brightfield and fluorescence (Leica Aperio AT2, Leica SP8)
- Accurately recording experimental details in Lab notebooks or the Batch Manufacturing Record (BMR) system.
- Be proactive in their validation, optimisation and documentation and take responsibility for validating new assay protocols and their integration into standard work streams.
- Actively seek to improve testing conditions for individual antibody products and product groups to best demonstrate their performance.
- Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping.
- Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
- Experience in immunohistochemistry (manual and automated process)
- Msc in a life sciences field or equivalent qualification.
- Experience with imaging platform including confocal microscopy, High-Content imaging system .
- Experience in using antibody reagents and a strong scientific understanding of processes involved in their development.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the team and other teams within the company across the globe.
• Phd in a life sciences field or equivalent qualification.
• Experience of working within the Life Science Industry
• Automation experience
• Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and risk assessments.
• Ability to demonstrate evidence of managing multiple project About us:
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.