ICON Patient Centred Outcomes
is currently seeking an Associate Outcomes Researcher/Research Assistant (Qualitative)
to join our team!Location - UK and Continental Europe (office/home based)
ICON Patient Centred Outcomes (PCO) is part of ICON plc, a leading global Clinical Research Organization headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Our PCO group undertakes consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors, supporting development of medicines and clinical trials.
The work of the PCO group focuses on patient-centered research, including health related quality of life, disease signs and symptoms, treatment preference, adherence and satisfaction. The group is respected globally for the quality and innovation of their applied qualitative and quantitative work. Much of their work involves Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) measurement development and evaluation including conducting patient interviews and focus groups and qualitative analysis.
Our PCO team is primarily based in US (San Francisco, Boston, Gaithersburg, Raleigh), UK and France (Lyon), with ICON offices in most EU countries.
We are looking for an individual who is looking to join a consultancy group where research experience is applied within a fast-moving commercial environment. In particular, we are looking for someone who is looking to apply their qualitative skills and join our growing team.
You will have experience of applied research in an academic, health or commercial environment, and will have experience of, and interest in, qualitative research design and interpretation of results. We have a strong preference for an individual with qualitative coding and analysis skills. Overview of the Role
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Assist with development of research materials (such as study protocols, interview guides) and conduct of literature reviews
- Conduct interviews with patients, caregivers and clinical experts
- Undertake qualitative data analysis using qualitative analysis software: eg MaxQDA, ATLAS.TI, NVIVO strongly preferred
- Draft, review, and assist with client deliverables including reports, proposals and scientific manuscripts under the direction of senior team members
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in a related field (such as sociology, anthropology, public health, epidemiology, psychology, or related discipline) or proven relevant experience
- Experience in a related field in academic or industry environment
- Understanding of scientific research methods and processes
- Experience with qualitative methodology and analysis, knowledge of qualitative analysis software would be advantageous
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills including fluent English written and spoken
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team with a high degree of self-motivation
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience into thought leadership in your chosen field, with clear pathways for career progression within the patient-centred outcomes team and opportunities within the wider ICON remit.
Working for ICON you will be provided with an excellent benefits package. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.