MES Recipe Author, Cork – JO1823
Zenith Technologies, now a Cognizant Company is a world leader in delivering digital transformation solutions to Life Sciences. Through our knowledge and expertise in Automation, MES & Digital, we deliver stable manufacturing systems that are optimised to improve operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining compliance. Our specialist engineering teams have the aptitude to deliver and support Pharma 4.0 architectures and solutions covering all IT, OT and IoT applications, infrastructures and services.
Operating across 5 continents and with over 850 skilled employees, Zenith partners with the leading Life Sciences companies globally to provide performance improvements, reduced costs and improve time to market. We are your single end to end partner for consultancy, design implementation, optimisation and support for all applications in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Manufacturing stack.
We’re looking for dedicated, innovative and driven talent to join our expanding team.
“Innovation and change, Join ZT”
About the role:
Zenith Technologies are looking for an MES Recipe Author/Software Engineer who will be part of a growing MES team. The MES System supports Electronic Batch Records at a large multi-national Biotech manufacturing facility in Cork.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for design and configuration of MES recipies in the Manufacturing site. In addition to this role, s/he may be required to configure and support the MES Weigh and Dispense and Equipment Management modules. S/he will need to have experience of supporting IT applications. S/he is expected to be self-motivated and develop an understanding of the business.
Experience of working in a pharmaceutical API manufacturing operation is desirable.
- Development, implementation and support of MES recipes.
- The ability to produce high-quality, well documented configuration that is easily maintainable
- Work with various site teams to configure and support interfaces to other systems that MES interacts with such as ERP, Automation and Lab systems.
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems which occur and determine solutions or recommendations for changes and/or improvements
- Implement system design changes in accordance with company Quality Standards and Practices
- Translate business requirements into design and perform testing of new MES recipes and changes
- Generate computer system validation documentation in accordance with site procedures and GMP guidelines
- Recognise the importance of the quality control function in pharmaceutical production, the MES Software Engineer should display a high level of integrity in the performance of his/her work.
- S/he should be capable of relating well to other people with whom s/he comes in contact, both within and outside of the MES Team
- The role will evolve to require Out Of Hours Support in the future
- Knowledge of programming and Visual Basic with experience in configuration management and deployment of developed code.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in supporting IT applications.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a regulated environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years hands on experience with requirements gathering, design documentation, test case development, system & integration testing, custom off the shelf (COTS) implementations and validation deliverables
- MES Recipe Authoring experience, knowledge of the Emerson Syncade MES solution would be an advantage but not required.
- MS SQL server experience would be an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally.
- The successful candidate must be a highly motivated individual who is delivery focused and has experience of working successfully across multiple business & functional teams.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment