DM SAS Programmer - BloemfonteinWho We Are
Synteract is a global full-service contract research organization with a successful three-decade track record supporting biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies. With our mission of "Bringing Clinical Trials to Life," we provide customized Phase I through IV services internationally, offering expertise across multiple therapeutic areas including notable depth in Oncology, Neuro Degenerative Diseases, and Rare and Orphan Diseases, and in pediatric populations. Our mission is to support the innovation and development of better therapies in healthcare.Position Overview
The SAS Programmer is responsible for executing programming activities in coordination with project teams with supervision. S/he will develop, create, verify/validate and maintain managing the programs for assigned projects in compliance with standard operating procedures.Specific tasks would include:
- Participates in the validation of SAS programs and maintaining validation documentation.
- Familiarizes oneself with the SAS dataset structure and format catalog related to a given study.
- Familiarizes oneself with the documents associated with a given study.Such documents include (but are not limited to) edit check documents, SAS and database annotated Case Report Forms (CRFs), visit map/schedule of events, CRFs, code lists, statistical analysis plan (SAP), data management plan (DMP), clinical protocol, programming-specific documentation.
- Develops, programs and maintains:
- SAS edit checks and SAS edit check listings.
- Subject profile programming used for quality control of paper-based project databases.
- Data line listings as requested by the Sponsor and/or internal project teams.
- Clean subject programming used to identify clean subjects for a given project.
- JReview objects and registry of SAS datasets.
- SAS programs used to generate random samples of subject numbers and calculate database reliability rate during the quality control of paper-based project databases.
- Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) dataset programming.
- Programs that download external data received from various data sources.
- External data reconciliation programs.
- Programs that generate CRF and Query metrics.
- Ad-hoc Sponsor and internal programming requests.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study and 0-2 years data management or SAS programming experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess an underlying understanding of data management practices and clinical data management systems (CDMS).
- Possess a basic understanding of the Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC) domain and item names and the role of CDISC in drug development.
- Understands the sequence of running programs to ensure up-to-date data and to troubleshoot, debug programming problems and to identify data trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as required.
- Effective verbal and writing skills; English + local language, if relevant.
If you're passionate about bringing clinical trials to life, we encourage you to apply today!
Synteract's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Candidates must possess current and valid authorization to work in the country to which they are applying.