PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
As a Scientist you will p erform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well being of our employees.
Possesses a thorough understanding of laboratory procedures and can reliably conduct complex analysis with increased independence. Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices. Follows validated or experimental analytical procedures with periodic direct supervision. Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications. Enters data into databases and reports. Performs self-review for own data prior to QC submission.
- Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and /or biological matrices for stability and analytical testing.
- Works with multiple functional groups to meet business needs.
- Plans and organizes work with periodic supervision.
- Sets up and maintains analytical instrumentation.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures QA findings are addressed appropriately.
- Aids and training to other team members.
- Problem solving, either independently or with assistance pertaining to extraction and/or instrumentation problems.
- Communicates project status to project leader.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Performs self and peer review of the data for accuracy and compliance with reporting requirements prior to submission to QA and issuance to customers.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years).
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge of multiple applicable techniques such as: HPLC, GC, MS, Dissolution Testing, Inhalation Testing, Biopharmaceutical Testing, Karl Fischer, UV-Vis, FT-IR, TOC
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
Proven ability in technical writing skills
Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
Good written and oral communication skills
Time management and project management skills
Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with
May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Defining Principles :
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.