Job Overview: Do you have experience working in the field of Molecular Biology and are looking for your next opportunity? Are you interested in career development opportunities and management responsibility? Do you want to be a part of the world's leading drug development company? The Role:
Our largest UK site in Harrogate is currently recruiting for a QC Scientist to join the Molecular Biology & Virology team within the CMC division and will be responsible for managing studies on behalf of our clients for analytical testing of cell and gene therapy molecules and vaccines.
You will have responsibility for:
What Covance can offer you:
- Supporting biodistribution, persistence & shedding studies, clinical trials & BioCMC analytical testing on batch release and stability material in our dedicated PCR and virology suites.
- Performing and reviewing a wide range of analytical techniques in accordance with GMP, GLP and GCP regulatory requirements.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in one or more of the following analytical techniques:qPCR/RTqPCR/ Digital PCR,Nucleic Acid Extractions,Transduction Assays,TCID50,Sequencing.
- Method development activities and data approval to ensure our clients' molecules pass quality control testing in the timeframe allocated. Y
- Ensuring regulatory compliance and that studies are completed according to plan.
- Performing necessary investigations according to our Quality Management System.
- Managing junior analysts and other team members.
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory
- Unrivalled opportunities to develop a successful career in the scientific industry, utilizing multiple analytical techniques.
- Unsurpassed career development opportunities, with the ability to develop your management skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of different clients on wide ranging projects.
- Opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding and leading edge field.
* Scientific degree (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Sciences etc.)
In depth experience working in the scientific industry working with one or more of the following techniques: qPCR/RTqPCR/ Digital PCR, Nucleic Acid Extractions, Transduction Assays, TCID50, Sequencing
* You will have experience performing a QC scientist position within the field of cell and gene therapy.
*You will have experience working within the CRO/pharma industry.
* Experience working as a team leader or supervisor.
* An understanding of GMP/GLP/GCP.
* The post holder should be able to communicate effectively at all levels and integrate well within an established and fast growing team.