Archive Asssitant Apprenticeship Covance - Huntingdon, United Kingdom
"Every day is another chance to help save the lives of millions of people around the world. When you join our team, you get to be a part of that." Who we are and what we do:
We are a world-leading life sciences company offering laboratory testing and development services to the pharmaceutical industry across the globe, dedicated to delivering solutions that make a real difference to millions worldwide.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. We believe that supportive teams, passionate people and inspired thinking are the formula for Better Science. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner. The Role:
We are looking for a motivated candidate to perform a variety of Archives responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOP's and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) or Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations (as appropriate) in support of various Business Unit Operations.
You will be working within the Early Development/Chemistry Solutions Sample Management and Archive Services area of the business. You will be an individual contributor working alongside the Archival Team reporting to your line Manage with no direct personnel responsibility What you'll be doing:
- Performs any combination of archive tasks, including labelling, receipt, transferring, tracking, inventory, archival, shipping, and disposal of samples and/or materials with assistance and supervision.
- Sample accession core tasks, including box opening, inventory/labelling, receipt/store, and pulls/returns with assistance and supervision.
- Uses tracking systems as appropriate to maintain sample and study integrity with training and supervision.
- Accurate protocol and relevant documentation interpretation (i.e., Sample Analysis Outline, client paperwork) with assistance.
- Document and communicate discrepancies to appropriate personnel
What you'll receive:
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Communicates effectively with internal customers (and occasionally external with supervision and assistance).
- Ensures adherence to company Global/Regional/Local SOP's as appropriate.
- Complies with relevant Environmental, Health and Safety at work regulations and Company Policies.
- Attain competency with environmental system monitor as appropriate.
- Help with Maintaining storage units
- Assist in ensuring company procedures are followed in relation to security and access to relevant areas and data or sample integrity
- Performs other duties as required from time to time with assistance and supervision.
- Covance management and staff at all levels at location daily with regards storage/submission/retrieval of data, samples, or materials to/from sample management and archives with guidance.
- Regulatory Authorities on an infrequent basis assisting with presenting data/facilities for inspection with guidance
- Clients at all levels infrequently in relation to sample management and archives with assistance.
- You'll undertake a Level 3 Library, Information and Archive Services Assistant over the course of 18 months
- A chance to Act as an Ambassador across Cambridgeshire for Science roles,
- A generous benefits and holiday package
- Progression opportunities
- Must be eligible to undertake an Apprenticeship
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Provide consistent good customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and timelines
- Ability to take up challenges
- Strong detail orientation
- Organizational skills
- Relevant national level of education in comparison to High School Diploma (does this count as GCSE actually) or equivalent, CSE A level or equivalent
Experience: Minimum Required:
- 0 year applicable work experience.
- Ability to use several software packages i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook