My client is an exciting and growing start-up business in the field of synthetic Biology and is looking for a Manufacturing development Scientist to join the team following another wave of funding.
key responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively to develop manufacturing processes, SOPs and process transfer into GMP manufacture.
- Support the delivery of manufacturing development projects by overseeing their planning, execution and analysis of results. Including optimisation of key processes such as cryopreservation, establishment of QC criteria, running functional assays and in the design of experiments.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior members of the team by providing intellectual and practical support and ensure group training needs are met.
- Work with the group lead to establish, monitor and report key performance data to the head of manufacturing e.g. production schedules, group capacity, progress against targets and failure rates.
- Carryout benchmarking of products and work closely with the Product Manager to meet product launch timelines.
- Promote a proactive, continual improvement culture and systems to maintain high standards of service and good practice.
- Proactively identify and determine current and future resource requirements – both people and systems – lead in the recruitment and establishment of both in a rapidly growing organisation.
- A degree in biological sciences / stem cell biology (or related field) with a minimum of 2-years experience in a relevant industry or scientific organisation.
- Are process oriented and experienced in developing, optimising & implementing workflows, protocols, procedures and resources in a quality management environment.
- Are a motivated scientist demonstrating the highest scientific rigour, operational skill and work standards.
- Human induced pluripotent stem cell biology, characterisation and culture systems.
- Cell phenotyping and functional endpoint analysis e.g. flow cytometry, qPCR, ICC, MEA analysis.
- Excellent time management, organisation and communication skills.
- Expertise in continuous improvement and its implementation (e.g. LEAN, 5S) and experience of working to a quality management system.
- Have experience in cell culture automation systems and implementation for cell manufacture.
- Have knowledge of cGMP processes & regulations applicable to human iPSCs
- Developing operational infrastructure.