Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we're dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group's Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including producing financial reports, maintaining a system of accounting records, and implementing controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. Both the Senior Director of Accounting and the Senior Director of Financial Operations (Accounts Receivable, Billing, Payroll and Accounts Payable) will report to this role. This individual is responsible for improving the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or international financial reporting standards (IFRS).
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversee the production of financial reports, ensuring that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Oversee the operations of the Accounting staff, which include Accounts Receivable, Billing, Payroll and Accounts Payable.
- Run an effective and efficient financial close process.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Monitor and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Work closely with FP&A staff, including cash flow forecasting.
- Recruit, select, onboard, and train accounting staff.
- Effectively manage accounting staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Plan, monitor, and appraise staff results.
- Support the annual budgeting process by collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, making recommendations by comparing actual financial results to forecasts and budgets.
- Work with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Support the CFO and the CEO in any aspects of due diligence for any potential merger and acquisition opportunities or debt offerings.
- Ensure compliance with global, federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent; additional Master's degree and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a senior-level accounting role.
- Experience leading and managing accounting staff strongly preferred.
- Proven knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP).
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines.
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes.
- Significant experience working in a multinational company, with significant revenue recognition experience in ACS 606 or IFRS 15.
- Proven experience using and maintaining financial systems/applications.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly Excel) and ideally have experience with a global ledger package.
- Experience with SEC financial reporting requirements, including responsible for the filing of quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission , highly desirable.
Advanced Group offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a flexible work environment designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work. Visit the links below to discover all that Advanced Group has to offer: Our Culture:
https://careers.advancedgroup.com/embrace-our-culture Career Development Opportunities:
https://careers.advancedgroup.com/realize-your-potential Community Programs:
For a complete list of all of our job openings, please visit Advanced Group's career site here .
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.