Director of Operations
On behalf of my client, we are currently recruiting for the position of Director of Operations. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Operations is responsible for the manufacturing and distribution activities, including R&D and Technical Support. The Director of Operations oversees the effective day to day operation of the Production, Supply Chain, Quality Control, RA/QA, Engineering, R&D/Tech Support & Human Resources areas.
- Responsible for the development and execution of site strategy, translation to operational goals and objectives and for ensuring that these are clearly communicated, measured and achieved at all levels.
- Lead, motivate and support the Site Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of annual operations financial budgets.
- Ensure the site manufactures output targets in line with customer demand, that product produced is of highest quality and is aligned to a customer focused, compliant and cost-effective supply chain.
- Drive and support organization change management programs such as; New Product Transfer / Development, Sub-Contract Manufacturing, Cost Saving programs, C.I and Lean.
- Ensure that the Quality Policy is always adhered to and that the company manufactures products that conform to all safety, functional and regulatory requirements. Key participant for all QS audits.
- Support and facilitate a continuous improvement culture via structured improvement initiatives. Ensure that all Health & Safety procedures are always adhered to and that all legislative requirements are adhered to.
Qualifications / Experience
- Primary degree qualification in a science, engineering or production management
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in Operations, Technical, Supply Chain or Production management leadership position.
- A minimum of 3 years IVD / medical devices / health care manufacturing experience gained in a regulated, FDA & ISO accredited environment
- Change management experience
- Experience of HPRA, WHO, FDA, National Governing Bodies, Notified Body and Customer Audit is advantageous.
For full spec and additional details contact Tina directly at =353 1 2784671 or email email@example.com
Thornshaw is a division of the CPL group