This is an opportunity to join a leading independent medical communications company in either their London, Cheshire or Basel offices with a diverse portfolio of responsibilities.
The role will involve researching specialised areas of medical science in order to write and edit a range of both printed and digital medical communications materials. You will collaborate with the design and production and client services teams to deliver high quality work that meets the needs of their clients which include pharma companies, many start-up and medium-sized companies, consumer health companies, medical societies and non-profit foundations.
Our client works across a number of therapy areas including neuroscience, rare diseases, oncology, respiratory as well as some consumer brands. There can offer a variety of work including patient engagement, medical affairs, publications and medical education in both print and digital media.
Along with a great salary, the benefits package includes pension, healthcare and 25 days holidays and much more. This is a great chance to work for a forward thinking agency that places an emphasis on the professional development of their staff. Each team member has a learning and development programme, tailored to their interests and needs.Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Write or edit a range of materials like: manuscripts, slide kits, monographs, newsletters, meeting reports, posters, patient information etc.
- Draft and edit work in different writing styles targeted at different audiences (including internal audiences) in different therapy areas
- Incorporate feedback from editorial colleagues, clients and independent clinicians
- Assist with development of concepts for editorial projects
- Determine deadlines and budgeted editorial hours for each project undertaken
- Liaise with design and production teams, sourcing graphical representations, and contributing ideas for optimizing design and layout of assigned editorial projects
- Attend conferences, scientific symposia, and advisory boards to provide on-site services to the client
- A life sciences degree required, ideally combined with a Master’s degree or PhD
- Previous medical writing experience gained within a medical communications agency
- General computer literacy
- Proficiency in online medical resource searching (Pub Med, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Multitasking and flexibility
- Interested in personal development
- Team player
ID Search & Selection has been successfully placing candidates in healthcare communications jobs for over 15 years. Along the way we’ve built many long term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re now trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.