3 - The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend peoples' lives.
The purpose of the Clinical Sourcing Manager is to execute global clinical trial contractual documents in order to support the utilisation of contract research organisations (CROs), central labs and specialty providers to assure the delivery of quality, timely and efficient external resources to support the Novartis drug development pipeline.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Author, negotiate, execute and manage the contractual documents needed to effect the selection of the optimal external service provider (ESP).
• Ensure ESP selection is based on current category strategy, beneficial services, and cost avoidance and savings opportunities.
• Negotiate contract terms, scopes of work (SOW), pricing and payment schedules; Ensure delivery sits in line with expectations and contracts.
• Ensure agreements are commercial advantageous to Novartis while minimising risk through close collaboration with functional partners such as legal, finance, and QA.
• Assist clinical teams in defining SOW for both original contracts and amendments, in addition to budget development for ESP.
• Responsible for complete contract packages for clinical ESP activities. Secure all necessary approvals to ensure compliance to SOX and company procedures; Utilise a contracting workflow system to track contract progress and status.
• Manage traffic of contractual documents to ensure timely and compliant execution.
• Contribute to vendor audit requests and facilitate corrective action plans.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Batchelor's degree is required.
• 3-5 years minimum of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or with a CRO or laboratory as BD, Proposal Developer or Sourcing Manager.
• Knowledge of clinical trial processes.
• Proven ability of completing projects on time and within budget; excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Master's/other degree or MBA degree in fields such as business or life sciences is preferred.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis