3 - The number of values that we live by: Trust, Respect and Collaboration. Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend peoples' lives.
Novartis is broadening and embedding the use of integrated (Real World) evidence solutions to support our portfolio globally.
The Senior Global Procurement Category Manager Real World Evidence (RWE) & Commercial role will lead all strategic aspects within the category of Real World Evidence across divisions, on a global/regional level and develop proposals for strategic business decisions.
The successful individual will be an impactful part of the creation of a third party strategy in an emerging area of strategic importance to Novartis. It is also a first class opportunity to establish the first ever specialised procurement support capability in Novartis for RWE.
This position will: Contribute to optimisation of research & development; Accelerate and sustain patient and market access; Support product value based pricing; Optimise medical practice by developing key supply relationships with third parties and bringing state of the art procurement solutions which add value to the business.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deriving game-changing strategies by defining clear category objectives, working with analytical data, business partners and market expertise. Aligning strategies to measurable target and clearly conveying them to the organisation.
• Projecting the dynamics and impacts (e.g. mergers and acquisitions). Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies.
• Participating in and / or leading financial discussions. Applying financial knowledge to participate actively, e.g. in budgeting process, including tax aspects in sourcing strategies and structuring sophisticated deals with ecosystem partners; Mapping the value chain, analysing it and deriving potential scenarios. Includes the understanding and application of total cost of ownership, and should include cost modelling.
• Compliance & risk management: supporting reports to determine appropriate compliance level. Monitoring end-to-end compliance (budget, payment, vendor PO, contract invoice, buying channel, etc.) and deriving corrective actions to improve compliance.
• Planning, organising and managing projects taking into account priorities, resources, budgets, issues and constraints to achieve desired results; defining clear project scope and objectives; utilising software and tools to plan, track and report status; Support definition and implementation of Procurement tools and processes.
• Managing data analysis and reporting, e.g. analysing spend, demand, supply markets and competitors. Extracting, cleansing and consolidating information to fact-based insights for further usage e.g. in category strategies.
• Executing the Source-to-Contract process including respective strategies, approaches and methods: preparing and conducting fact-based negotiations. Adapting tactics from a broad portfolio of negotiation strategies to achieve results that support business and Procurement objectives.
• Analysing specifications for optimisation. Linking specification to customer value, challenging specification confidently. Conveying messages clearly and convincing internal partners; Achieving results by proactively building long-term, sustainable and effective relationships, understanding the stakeholder landscape and demonstrating political astuteness across business structures and networks.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University/Advanced degree is required.
• 5-10 years of experience within the Pharmaceutical industry in the Real World Evidence or Market Insights, preferably with track record in Procurement category management, supplier management, or related area.
• Strong project management or other leadership experience.
• Strong delivery track record in the area of RWE in an R&D or Commercial setting.
• Understanding of National Health Care, regulatory environment of drug development/P&R and Listing processes and the role of RWE therein; Proficiency in Healthcare/ Health finance/ Health technology/ Health Economy across geographies.
• Expertise in GxP operations.
• Master's Degree/other advanced degree in one or more of Business, Clinical Research, Marketing or Economics is preferred.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis