The Senior Indirect Risk Manager leads Global Procurement's efforts to identify and mitigate sources of indirect goods and services supplier risk with cross-functional teams while improving business processes and tools to continuously monitor supplier risk. The Senior Indirect Risk Manager owns and manages the indirect goods and services supplier risk program supporting the Professional and Site Services categories and related Regional sourcing teams. This role facilitates the supplier risk management process for indirect suppliers, which includes supplier due diligence, ongoing monitoring, risk mitigation, business continuity management, and life cycle management to ensure that suppliers selected for delivery of goods and services pose the least minimal risk to Roche and comply with the standards set forth in the Roche Supplier Code of Conduct.
The Senior Indirect Risk Manager responsibilities include oversight of end-to-end supplier risk assessment for key indirect goods and services suppliers, building data driven analysis to inform supplier risk mitigation actions, development of strategy and business cases to support recommendations. This role is expected to be a change agent for the function as well as to ensure close alignment to stakeholders. The Senior Indirect Risk Manager is responsible for the implementation, expansion, and maturation of our global indirect supplier risk program through overseeing end-to-end supplier risk management activities
Mgmt. & People Accountabilities
• Guide people - Guide Procurement staff (and project related staff as appropriate) and contribute to feedback.
Indirect Supplier Risk Management
• Oversee indirect supplier risk landscape across Roche, in-line with Global Procurement expectations, and communicate key changes to the S&R Head of Risk.
• Assess key Global Procurement suppliers (Preferred/Available Content), conduct rigorous research, and make mitigation recommendations through a data-driven process that ultimately position Roche for long-term success.
• Develop Key Risk Indicators and reporting dashboards for monitoring indirect supplier risk program effectiveness.
• Together with the supplier manager, connect directly with key suppliers to facilitate risk mitigation
• Ensure relevant risk clauses are included in indirect supplier agreements and negotiate to protect the interests of Roche as appropriate
• Identify opportunities to downgrade risk level including alternate sourcing where appropriate
• Perform/oversee initial review of risk metrics aggregated and address inquiries regarding reporting / dashboards.
• Ensure risk management processes are continuously improved to reflect program priority, strategy, and ensure consistency across products.
• Nurture and maintain standards and serve as business owner of process, systems and templates related to indirect supplier risk management.
• Initial approval level for the management and administration of indirect supplier risk procedures, tools and corresponding support materials.
• Facilitate escalations including instances of non-compliance or high-risk concerns to appropriate stakeholders.
Indirect Supplier Risk Strategy
• Own the end-end risk strategy, roadmap, and business continuity execution of key global indirect suppliers.
• Strategize, develop, and build solutions with data science and process engineering to combat ever-changing indirect supplier risks
• Drive decision-making through supplier insights, quantitative analysis, and collaborating with other stakeholders.
• Develop addressable market analyses and assess industry economics.
• Develop thought leadership on emerging trends in the pharmaceutical indirect materials and services space.
• Liaise with the indirect Global Procurement Category and Regional Sourcing Leads on Preferred and Available Content suppliers.
• Provide centralized support, training, and leadership for indirect supplier risk related programs and other functions who work on supplier risk management plans and communications.
• Evangelize Sustainability and Risk initiatives across the Roche Global Procurement community.
• Act a major change champion of the supplier risk and sustainability processes across Global Procurement.
• Responsibility for management, administration, documentation, and communication of indirect supplier risk management capability such as risk assessments, risk registry, procedures, requirements, technology, and supporting tools.
Scope of supervision
Number of employees supervised
Education, experience and skills
• B.S./B.A. in Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline
• Extensive experience in multi-disciplined procurement or finance or related category domain experience of relevant subject matter
• Deep understanding of risk management, audit, and supplier management
• Mid-level experience in Pharmaceutical Procurement, or working directly with Pharmaceutical Procurement teams or relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to independently execute on projects with minimal guidance
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders, cross-functional partners and senior leadership
• Experience managing and executing supplier risk management capabilities in an innovative environment
• Strong data analytical skills and experience with machine learning and AI methodologies
• Strong collaboration in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
• Exceptional research, analytical, and quantitative skills
• Eagerness to dive deep into the details
• Excellent written and verbal communications in English
• Understanding of Roche's Business Processes and experience in process reengineering
• Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
Availability and willingness to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) up to 15% of time
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Audit & Compliance, Audit & Compliance > Audit