Executive Director - Site Intelligence and Activation (ED SIA) - EMEA, remote based
PPD's mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it's you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Our goal-driven teams combine and deliver startup activities for the clinical trials, collaborating to improve processes, cycle and flexibility. We partner with our sites, businesses and colleagues around the world to decrease startup timelines and exceed expectations.
PPD have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Executive Director
to join our SIA group, working remotely in EMEA. This is a fantastic opportunity for an existing ED level candidate to join a dynamic fast paced group and provide strategic direction and management of SIA operations and resources. You will assist senior leaders in developing the infrastructure to support advanced clinical trials, as well as strategy formulation and implementation for regulatory processes to ensure delivery of best-in-class services. The ED SIA builds high performing teams through leadership, coaching and development to achieve delivery of service targets and ensures alignment and integration of all services to drive operational excellence, improve cycle times and rapid site activation.Responsibilities:
Qualifications:Required Qualifications :
- Provides leadership through effective staffing, performance management and development. Assists senior leaders in developing the infrastructure, systems, processes and policies to effectively deliver innovative and customized solutions to meet clients' needs.
- Drives operational excellence to achieve service targets, performance metrics and financial targets.
- Manages the overall budgeting activity of the assigned group(s) - annual and long range forecast.
- Develops and fosters mutally beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders to assist in winning new business and execution of existing business. Assists Business Development with clinical deliverable portion of proposals and participates in presentations to client by providing input on clinical issues.
- Champions process improvements and promotes compliance with industry standards and regulations.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or related discipline required.
- Previous clinical drug development experience (comparable to 15+ years) in a CRO or Pharmaceutical industry to included 10+ years of experience managing/leading teams in a clinical operations setting.
- Must have experience with site identification, patient enrollment and/or study start-up tasks.
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- Proven experience developing tactical plans and delivering according to plan
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex cross functional issues and mitigate risk
- Ability to work in a high pressure/time sensitive environment including the ability to handle multiple issues on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong sense of urgency and a reputation for accountability
- Business acumen with comprehensive understanding of the organization and functional areas
- Effective negotiation skills with internal and external customers
- Ability to diffuse difficult circumstances and resolve escalations and conflicts
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management to drive decisions
- Track record of building peer relationships and effective teams with demonstrated global and cultural awareness
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Analytical skills, excellence in oral and written communications, strong attention to detail, priorisation and time management proficiencies
- Thorough understanding of sponsor/CRO business practices, SOPs, GCPs and FDA/ICH guidelines with the ability to analyse and evaluate processes and procedures
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.