Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we're dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group's Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group.
The Sr. Tax Analyst is a newly created role position that is responsible for assisting with all domestic employer payroll tax payments and monthly/quarterly/annual filings to Federal, State and Local Agencies (including SUI and FUI) accurately and in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for Sales & Use tax for various entities, ensuring compliance with the tax payments and reporting.
- Ensures preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end federal, state and local tax payroll tax returns is accurate and timely (including 940, 941 and W-3's) as well as the timely preparation/submission of sales and use tax returns for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual state tax filings.
- Research year end related requests and process corrections to wages/W2s.
- Keep abreast of all tax updates as related to payroll and sales tax and maintain systems with updates.
- Create ad-hoc reports to meet the needs of facilities, corporate departments, management and regulatory agencies as requested
- Analyzes and resolves incoming correspondence from Federal, State and Local Agencies regarding payroll tax and sales tax issues.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of wages and accurate preparation and issuance of W2s
- Research and respond to payroll/sales tax inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
- Provide support to projects that impact foreign & local payroll processing and sales tax reporting (requirements gathering, system testing, and other duties).
- Participation in tax rate calculations and forecasts throughout year and assist with sensitivity analysis for corporate-driven initiatives.
- Works in closely with accounting department to ensure the appropriate reconciliation and recording of sales/withholding tax & payments
- Manages state and local tax jurisdiction compliance in company system (eRecruit, Great Plains, GreenShades and UltiPro)
- Manage Secretary of State compliance registrations and annual reports
- Review local and property tax returns and identify state and local tax opportunities.
- Register company in new tax jurisdictions for payroll state/local/unemployment and sales tax. Identify registration requirements for state and local tax agency account numbers and coordinate as needed.
- Prepare and submit Federal and State Power of Attorney (POA) as needed.
- Review and submit data for tax amendment filings to IRS and various jurisdictions as needed.
- Provides tax support for internal or agency audits
- Compiles and generates miscellaneous payroll tax and sales tax information as requested.
- Complete employee set-ups in tax compliance system, Greenshades and UltiPro
- Daily processing of tax payments within tax system, Greenshades
- Daily reporting of tax liabilities due based on processed payrolls
- Familiar with OneSource Sales Tax Software, eRecruit, Ultipro and Great Plains a plus
- Assist in any system upgrade or new modules implementation or testing
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years previous payroll tax and sales tax experience with understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other tax related matters required.
- Experience working in a multi-state
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of corporate staff and management
- Dependable and punctual.
- Strong organizational skills with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Sense of urgency with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Eagerness to take initiative
- Willing to work remote
Advanced Group offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a flexible work environment designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work. Visit the links below to discover all that Advanced Group has to offer: Our Culture:
https://careers.advancedgroup.com/embrace-our-culture Career Development Opportunities:
https://careers.advancedgroup.com/realize-your-potential Community Programs:
For a complete list of all of our job openings, please visit Advanced Group's career site here .
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.