Advanced Group leverages over 30 years of expertise in talent acquisition, staffing, and outsourcing solutions to operate the award-winning Advanced Group family of brands, including Advanced Clinical, Advanced Resources, Advanced RPO, and WunderLand Group. Together, with mastery across professional disciplines and global markets, we're dedicated to make a difference, every day, for our clients, our candidates, each other, and our communities. Advanced Group's Shared Services team provides corporate services such as Marketing, Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, IT, and Operations to each of our brands. Our employees are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there's no better place to grow your career than Advanced Group. JOB SUMMARY
- Are you technical and passionate about the impact you have on the business?
- Do your less technical peers trust you to explain technology to them in a way they easily understand?
- Do you enjoy evaluating, implementing, and using a variety of technologies to solve business problems?
- Do you like speaking to people about the intersection of business and technology?
- Is it the journey or the destination that gets you up in the morning?
- How do you feel about collaborating with business partners to develop applications?
- Do you want to help people create software that will change the world?
In the role of Application Developer, you will be part of a small team of Mendix developers, and business partners, to build dynamic applications that will drive our competitive differentiation in the market. Mendix developers at Advanced Group mix agility, collaboration, and technical expertise into their daily activities. As such, we're in search of passionate problem solvers who want to move beyond sitting behind a screen coding all day and instead focus on what really matters to deliver applications customers will love and adopt; business value.
Mendix is an application development platform using a model-driven development approach. Mendix enables developers to create applications ranging from simple web apps to complex multi-channel, microservice-based applications in a fraction of the time it takes using traditional programming languages. The visual development environment presents UI, logic, and data models in a way traditional developers and members of business lines alike easily understand. In addition, the openness and extensibility of the platform enables you to add additional functionality using your existing programming skills.
Let's be clear, this isn't a pure software engineering job. It's something much more interesting. While previous experience in programming or a background in Management of Information Systems (MIS) is beneficial, what will set you apart is your passion for making an impact on the business, open and straightforward communication skills, and the desire to collaborate as a member of a cross-functional team. This opportunity is a level up from pure execution in a software development team.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams using agile principles like SCRUM to deliver solutions that make a positive impact on the business
- Collaborating with business partners throughout the application development lifecycle to prototype, create, iterate, and deploy apps
- Helping business developers to create and maintain apps with quality and consistency by using your existing programming experience to share best practices
- Designing scalable application architectures to support new business models and products
- Building apps using low-code development tools
- Extending low-code development tools and applications by coding reusable front-end components and back-end integration modules
- Partner with the line of business to develop applications with agility
- Collaborate with analysts, user experience designers, and peer developers to create visually appealing multi-channel experiences
- Communicate with the development team and business in real-time, taking a test and learn approach throughout the application lifecycle
- Elevate the capabilities of business stakeholders by sharing development best practices, enabling them to contribute directly to the application development process
- Integrate the Mendix low-code platform with existing enterprise services, toolchains, and DevOps processes to maximize efficiency and quality
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or management of information systems, OR business degree with 2-5 years working experience building web and mobile applications or tools
- Solving problems is like your favorite food, something you love everyday
- Attention to detail while at the same time keeping focus on the business goals
- Desire and ability to communicate in an open and straightforward manner
- Passion and patience for helping others learn and grow development skills in a software driven world
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Flexibility to change direction, iterate, and adopt
- new technology to meet solution requirements
- Preferred knowledge of life sciences development processes, including clinical operations, Good Clinical Practice, 21 CFR Part 11, clinical supply chain, various R&D applications such as EDC, CTMS, eTMF, Argus, clinical data warehouses, Veeva Vault, Regulatory systems, and Medical Affairs systems.
What's in it for you?
- Experience with relational database structure and design
- .NET, Java, or comparable programming experience preferred
- Agile experience
- SCRUM certification a plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins and Visual Studio Team Services preferred
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or Cloud Foundry a plus
- Transferable skills from other low-code development platforms such as SalesForce, Appian, Microsoft PowerApps, Outsystems, Betty Blocks would be helpful
Advanced Group offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a flexible work environment designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work. Visit the links below to discover all that Advanced Group has to offer: Our Culture:
https://careers.advancedgroup.com/embrace-our-culture Career Development Opportunities:
https://careers.advancedgroup.com/realize-your-potential Community Programs:
For a complete list of all of our job openings, please visit Advanced Group's career site here .
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.