At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As a Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) - you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to bring new therapies into clinical practice, making a positive impact on patients' lives.
The GMAL will provide medical leadership for the GMT (Global Medical Team), lead the medical strategy and execution of key deliverables to support launch and lifecycle management globally. This GMAL role will report initially to the VP, Global Franchise Head
The core accountabilities of this role are:
- Provide a coordinated approach to building Astra Zeneca's medical leadership in oncology and deliver medical insight into the development and execution of a medical affairs strategy
- Represent GMA on the Global Project Team (GPT) and Global Business Team (GBT)
- Oversee and support the development and execution of an integrated medical plan (evidence generation and scientific communications), including global external experts, diagnostics and patient centric activities
- Lead development and execution of global External Sponsored Research (ESR) and Early Access Program (EAP) strategies, and align with AstraZeneca Global Medical Affairs and Marketing Countries on local implementation
- Partner closely with colleagues within AstraZeneca, in the Marketing Countries, Development, early research, Regulatory, Commercial, Access, Health Outcomes and other key functions, and help build alignment on key initiatives including optimal approach to data generation, communication and supporting access
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the scientific and clinical understanding of the brand with other members of the Medical Affairs teams
- Advanced scientific degree (M.D or PhD)
- Medical Affairs experience is required
- Understanding of drug development and commercialization processes including understanding of outcomes research /payor access issues.
- Proven ability to generate, analyze and interpret clinical trial and published data.
- Track record of successfully developing and executing Medical Plans both in terms of evidence generation, scientific communications and external expert engagements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and products simultaneously to ensure timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks.
- The candidate is expected to have strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams including development, marketing, and health outcomes.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
Depending on the candidates experience we are open to considering either Senior Global Medical Affairs Lead or Medical Affairs Lead level for this position.