Our talented, diverse and driven teams work collaboratively to bring our pipeline of innovative medicines to life. With more than 119,000 associates worldwide, Novartis has a vision of a better today and tomorrow for patients - a vision that drives our growth and success. The greatest job satisfaction for our associates is the knowledge that they improve the quality of life for patients through breakthrough science and innovation.
The Copywriter is an integral part of a creative team including Art Directors, Graphic Designers, Editors, Content Strategists, Content Writers, and Quality Control Specialists supporting-and supported by-a wider team of Project Managers, Campaign Directors, and Customer Liaison Managers.
The Copywriter plays a central role in helping the team deliver outstanding creative solutions and pharma marketing initiatives by participating in brainstorming sessions, developing and effectively communicating rationales behind campaign concepts, defining brand or campaign tone of voice, and writing taglines, core messages, and core creative copy.
The Copywriter works across a large number of pharma brands for print and digital campaigns at both the global and local level. In all capacities, the Copywriter takes a professional approach to time, budget, and customer constraints and keeps a focus on quality output.
• Work alongside Art Directors on client briefs to conceive, develop and produce effective copy and concepts for projects and marketing campaigns; responsible for articulating rationales, overall tone of voice, and core messaging
• Interpret, understand, and clarify business needs around copy and messaging in order to produce results best suited to client needs; be innovative in redefining a brief within the constraints of cost and time
• Develop core copy and messaging across print and digital materials for Novartis brands and franchises with an awareness of regulatory requirements
• Work and communicate efficiently as part of an international, multidisciplinary team spanning multiple time zones and supported by vendors across the globe
• Develop core copy and messaging to appeal as necessary to a variety of target audiences including patients, HCPs, sales reps, and Novartis staff
• Write copy suitable for digital and print materials (e.g., iPad-based selling aids, applications, websites, emails, banners, brochures, flyers, POS displays) as required
• Complete work within allotted time (or communicate early and clearly why it is not possible to do so)
• Revise copy based on team and customer stakeholder direction and feedback
• Ensure deliverables are accurate, complete, and of a high standard of quality
• Deliver error-free and well-written copy
• Develop brand/franchise knowledge, understanding of customer needs, and consistent approach to service excellence
• Comply with recognized standards, practices, and regulatory requirements
What you'll bring to the role:
• Bachelor's degree in English, writing, communication, marketing, advertising or related fields
• Additional experience or education in pharma, life sciences, or medicine a strong plus
• 5+ years' copywriter, preferably in agency
• Significant experience working from creative briefs (evaluation through ideation through execution)
• Significant experience writing clear and engaging copy (portfolio required)
• Experience working and collaborating in complex matrix environments
- Scientific/medical literacy a strong plus
- Pharmaceutical/medical experience a strong plus
- Experience writing for medical professionals a strong plus
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis