The Roche Clinical Fellowship is aimed at recruiting an MD specialist trainees in Neuroscience. The program was designed to diversify and broaden clinical research training through exposure to clinical research methodology from the neurologic or psychiatric medicine perspective. The fellowship will be 1 year in duration, primarily based at Roche Products Ltd in Welwyn Garden City, UK, within the Clinical Development Group; responsible for the strategy, design and execution of late phase clinical trials. There will be the opportunity for travel and direct interaction across Roche/Genentech. Your supervisor will be an experienced member of the Clinical Development. In addition, you will be assigned a mentor who is a UK physician with clinical development knowledge .
As an MD Fellow in the Group you may:
Who is the Roche Clinical Research Fellowship suitable for?
- Be involved in the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of data from clinical studies for molecules in development as well as marketed compounds.
- Interact with globally recognized academic experts and clinical investigators
- Participate in key clinical strategy, implementation and molecule management meetings in order to gain a deeper understanding of the complexities and challenges of medicines development
- Provide clinical expertise in the rheumatology disease area for cross functional pharmaceutical development teams
- Generate and present abstracts and oral presentations for key external conferences and other specialty meetings as well as publication opportunities.
- Be involved in discussions and initiatives around Personalized Health Care (PHC) and patient selection for different therapeutic interventions
Why a Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship?
- An physician scientist who is looking to diversify their career skills. Some previous clinical research experience is preferred.
- A trainee interested in further understanding and influencing the development and approval of medicines for patients with neurologic and/or psychiatric diseases. Note: this is not intended to be a basic science fellowship leading to a post graduate degree, although the clinical research could supplement or inform existing basic research if appropriate.
- Collaborations between pharmaceutical companies, the health service and academia are key to improving patient outcomes and care
- Understanding drug development, regulation and the reimbursement process is critical for physicians wishing to influence the delivery of healthcare
- Our fellowships offer a unique insight training for those wishing to participate or conduct clinical trials in their future careers
- Scope for research opportunities using large impactful datasets and the chance to work with key opinion leaders
- Previous fellows have thoroughly enjoyed their experience, gained valuable knowledge and contacts and opportunities to further their careers
- Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for 2019
- Phase 1: CV & Cover Letter screen
- Phase 2: Interview
- Please ensure you include a CV and cover letter with your initial application (DO NOT USE QUICK APPLY OPTION) any application without a cover letter is automatically declined.
As part of your cover letter, Roche wants to understand your motivation in applying for this position. You should, therefore, provide responses to the following:
- Your key motivation for applying to this placement
- What skills and experience will you bring to the role
- What personal qualities will you bring to the role
- Your interests and activities outside work and study
Your cover letter should not exceed one page. Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research