At Roche Diagnostics we believe it's urgent to deliver medical solutions right now and develop innovations for the future. As a world leader in Healthcare & Diagnostics solutions, we are passionate about transforming patients' lives. 70% of all medical decisions are based upon the results of an IVD (In Vitro Diagnostic) device, with the rise of precision medicine, and the role and importance of diagnostics set to become even more important. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference and drive innovation in the technical training space then please get in touch!
We are keen to evolve our external and internal technical training offerings and are looking for someone with the passion and drive to help shape this.
This position will suit someone who is either field based in England or located near our Head Office in Burgess Hill. The position will require splitting your time between your home office and our Head Office in Burgess Hill including regular customer visits across the UK and Ireland. Scope of the role
As the Technical Training Excellence Manager you will be responsible for our portfolio of technical training programmes. You will set the design principles and development framework for these programmes, with a keen eye on how we can continually improve and adjust delivery methods to suit the business.
Reporting to the Head of Service Excellence, you will support the creation of our 'Centre of Excellence' for learning and promote our offerings. You will consult out into the business to plan and prioritise business requirements based on capacity forecast for Roche Diagnostics Ltd's technical operations. Working closely with Senior Leaders, you will help to shape our technical training strategy so that we are able to meet the needs of the business now and in the future.
Within this role, you have the scope to build and improve how we deliver our technical training programmes for our people and customers, including driving our apprenticeship Scheme, expanding our online offerings as well as looking to build a suite of virtual reality training.
Ideally, you will be experienced in creating project and action plans, implementing targeted initiatives that drive business performance as well as developing training programmes based on the analysis of the business needs. You will lead a team of 2 colleagues.
Your key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Who you are
- Lead a team of 2 specialised in training demand and coordination planning for our Technical Services people and customers
- Lead on our technical training steering group and ensure that we have an organisation-wide view of technical training needs
- Responsible for the related technical training budget ensuring that you are building resilience to be able to meet the changing needs of the business and our customers.
- Support and continue to build upon the existing career development framework and activities - that supports career progression and the talent management strategy, including early in career talent development for Technical Services
- Continue to create the apprentice culture and bespoke programmes and cohorts for those areas, whilst encouraging operations leaders to onboard through this channel. You will manage the external relationship with teaching providers and work with our group functions to aligned best practice.
- Undertake regular reviews with apprentices, to monitor their progress towards identified objectives and their learning journey, and to support their achievement and career progression.
- Provide additional support to apprentices and graduates who are at risk of withdrawing from the programme or who have become disengaged.
We would also like you to possess at least two of the following:
- Degree educated or equivalent with a professional training qualification
- Experience of leading training teams (desirable)
- Learning Management System experience
- Technical awareness (desirable)
To be successful in this role, you will have a positive attitude and desire to work in collaboration with your colleagues and stakeholders. You will understand and embrace the importance of the business culture and transformation and will flex your style accordingly.
You will work with technical leads to design the best training solutions for our people and customers and use your expertise in training techniques to engage people at all levels.
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate most of the following:
Investing in you
- Experience of set up of programmes from scratch
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Knowledge of the Apprentice Levy and how to utilise the scheme
- Analytical in approach
- Ability to work under pressure and against tight timelines using an agile approach
- Ability to work independently and within a strong matrix team structure
- A problem solver with a pragmatic approach
- Confident in presenting a methodology or learning approach to key stakeholders
- Working with resource planning to translate capacity planning into a training plan
- Resilience and personal gravitas with a growth mindset
- Willing to travel across the technical operations based in the UK and Ireland
Roche Diagnostics UK & Ireland is in an exciting phase of growth, where the business is channelling its energy, focus, functions and processes towards enhancing customer and patient experience in the countries it operates in. As the medical diagnostics market-leader in UK & Ireland, the organisation recognises its responsibility to the healthcare system and will continue to remain agile in developing new ways of working, with a growth mindset. We have the courage and passion to keep challenging ourselves to improve what we do and the way we do it.
What this means for you is, not only a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, but also a recognised product training programme and continuous support to build on your knowledge, skills and potential, helping you prepare for the exciting opportunities for further career development. All of which has ranked Roche number 4 in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For this year. Application closing date: 18 September 2020 Privacy Notice:
Please find Roche Diagnostics' Candidate Privacy Notice posted on roche.co.uk: https://www.roche.co.uk/content/dam/rochexx/roche-co-uk/downloads/Roche_Diagnostics_Limited_Candidate_Privacy_Notice.pdf
Any offer we make for this role will be conditional upon a satisfactory standard Disclosure and Barring Services check/Garda Vetting. A copy of our Disclosure and Barring Services Check/Garda Vetting Company Policy is available upon request. Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application Support