Your new employer is Covance Inc., the drug development business of LabCorp®, is the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real ® .Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career.
This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner. Excellent opportunity for a ScreeningTechnician
to join our Phase I Clinical Research business in Leeds, West Yorkshire in a bank position.
This is a great opportunity to begin your career within Clinical research/trials and allow you to continue to practice your clinical skills and knowledge inearly phase clinical trial studies. Key Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Read protocols in order to assist with screening procedures necessary to determine participant qualification as well as to understand the Inclusion and Exclusion criteria for the study.
- Work with Project/Study Manager and Screening/Recruitment Supervisor to arrange any special screening procedures that may be necessary for the study.
- Provide assistance to ensure that recruiting questionnaire is accurate in helping to determine eligibility of study participants.
- Assist with the preparation and organization of all necessary materials for participant screening and physical exams including, medical history packets, Informed Consent packets, participant calendars and any other necessary documents and/or forms required for the study.
- Obtain informed consent and medical history from screening volunteers
- Ensure that all necessary screening tasks have been performed including height, weight, frame size, venipuncture, vital signs, electrocardiograms, spirometry and simple laboratory procedures as needed and required per the study protocol.
- Review screening charts for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare screening charts for Project/Study Manager and Physician review.
- Maintain the status of study subjects in the database.
- Educated to GCSE Standard or equivalent.
- Previous clinical research experience may be substituted for education requirements.