Job Overview: About Covance
Your new employer is Covance Inc., the drug development business of LabCorp®, is the world's most comprehensive drug development company, dedicated to advancing healthcare and delivering Solutions Made Real ® .Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve.
Covance are seeking a Clinical Research Technician
to join the Clinical Pharmacology Team within the European Centre of Excellence in the heart of Leeds, West Yorkshire
in a bank position
. You do not need a medical/scientific background for this position, we will provide you with comprehensive training and support . You will need a flexible approach to working as this position will include day/evening/weekend shifts
. Key Responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to take biological samples from staff and healthy volunteers as part of Covance's COVID-19 testing
programme, completingthe required paperwork and preparing test samples for shipment.
Your responsibilities may include but not be restricted to:
- Accurately perform blood pressure, venipuncture, weights, pulse, respiratory rate, and temperature readings
- Preparation and accurate recording of ECGs/Holters
- Collection and processing of biological samples as specified in the protocol and ensures the proper distribution of those samples
- Monitors meals to ensure dietary compliance by research participants
- Assist in the preparation of rooms and medical equipment
- Assist with screening procedures as needed
- Maintain a clean, safe and efficient working and study environment
- Foster respectful relationships with study participants
- Accurately record all research data obtained or observed
- Assist with QC of source documents and case report forms
- Maintains constant awareness of participant safety and dignity at all times.
- Handles participant complaints efficiently and effectively in order that their satisfaction is maintained.
- A good standard of general education,particularly in science subjects.
- Previous clinical research experience would be advantageous.