Our client is a pioneer in Drug Discovery and Development. As the world`s largest R&D spender in the pharmaceutical domain, they work in a vast number of drug discovery & therapeutic areas and are highly recognized internationally. A leader in the field of manufacturing and selling of several drugs with treatment of Cancer. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Lead Developer for a 15 months contract to be based in Basel.
As an ideal candidate you should have at least 6+ years of experience in Microservice software development expertise with a strong focus on agile and clean code best practices to lead the development of the EDISON application.
- Lead the backend development of the EDISON platform while aligning with other lead developers for other applications in the landscape;
- Champion agile best practices, Continuous Delivery and Cross Functional Requirements;
- Support the team to champion software excellence, craft technical vision and ensure we deliver value to our customers;
- Facilitate problem solving and work with a team to make them reality:
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent, ideas and opinions are valued;
- Proactively collaborate with a team comprising of informatics experts, software engineers and life science experts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Swiss working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Extensive software implementation team leadership experience (ideally SCRUM);
- Champion best coding practices (software craftsmanship, clean code, TDD/BDD/DDD, pair-programming);
- 6+ years professional Microservice software development expertise (Kubernetes, Istio, etc.);
- Deep experience with Java & SpringBoot;
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery ecosystems (Jira, GitHub, Jenkins);
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar discipline;
- Strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style;
- Ability to work in a multicultural geographically distributed team;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent in English.