At AstraZeneca, we're not afraid to do things differently. We're resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
This is an amazing opportunity to play a fundamental part in building a franchise and launching a new exciting product in HER2+ breast cancer, in collaboration with our alliance partner. These are critical hires for AstraZeneca, and so we're looking for talented individuals, who can be bold in their pursuit of success!
We are committed to advancing the science of oncology to deliver life-changing medicines to people most in need. Our broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused on four main disease areas: breast, ovarian, lung and haematological cancers, using four key scientific approaches: immunotherapy, tumour drivers and resistance mechanisms, DNA damage response, and antibody-drug conjugates.
Our ambition is to eliminate cancer as a cause of death through scientific discovery and collaborations.
If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition - join us!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Oncology Account Manager is responsible for generating clinical demand within key hospital accounts (hub and spoke), pro-actively identifying business opportunities and recommending solutions to drive and develop business. You will also be responsible for increasing prescribing of the brand(s) through effective promotion to senior/influential customers within a defined set of key accounts through enhanced key account management working. Please note we are looking for four OAMs across the North East, North West, London and South Central regions.
Your contribution in this role will be critical to the success of a highly anticipated new product launch in the UK.
- Experience and success within Oncology
- Secondary care sales experience with a sound knowledge of key account management
- Proven track record of sales & business management success in speciality care
- Proven track record in influencing the prescription decision-making process across key accounts
- Excellent business acumen, demonstrating good analytical, planning and organisational skills
- Self-starter and effective problem solver, responsible for own actions and results
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- ABPI qualification
- Breast Cancer experience
- Evidence of effective working within AZ designated territory and accounts/customers
- Experience of influencing successfully in a complex organisation
- Ability to adapt one's approach, as the brand(s) develop in the market place
- Business/commercial related degree
- Wellard's diploma or equivalent