125,000 - The number of Novartis associates that our services reach!
Consider the possibilities of reimagining the next generation of library, information and knowledge services.
The Novartis Knowledge Center is looking for an experienced, dedicated, forward-looking Information Specialist to join the new team in Dublin.
The successful candidate will handle a portfolio of licensed published information resources and will be responsible for evaluating, negotiating, and licensing of information resources.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop long-term partnership with major information providers to increase efficiency, optimize vendor performance and productivity, and improve quality of services and products delivered.
• Handle contractual compliance for NKC licensed resources and adherence to international copyright laws to protect the interests of Novartis
• Keep aware of external information environment to make sure we are using best tools and innovative technologies
• Lead portfolio reviews and product evaluations for supported content or services and partner with the business to make recommendations that enhance the value proposition for Novartis
• Actively be a great partner with internal partners and groups at Novartis to provide recommendations, and alignment of external content needs for different customer groups.
• Analyze metrics for assigned content or services to demonstrate value of content/service. Use insights to support effective contract negotiations and provide budget and cost input to NKC leadership to support NKC fiscal management
• Sustain a level of domain specific knowledge on relevant information resources and content management in general
What you'll bring to the role:
• PhD/Masters Degree in Life Sciences and/or Masters of Library Science with relevant scientific background or an MBA from reputed institutes and/or advanced Pharmacy degree
• Relevant pharma industry or research experience, working in information sciences, knowledge management or corporate library operations.
• Proven licensing, vendor management, and negotiation skills, ideally with experience in license and contract management skills.
• Knowledge of the information industry market & the key players and information resources in the scientific, technical, medical, or business and commercial field.
• Excellent copyright knowledge.
• German language skills and additional languages advantageous
• Experience at a multi-national or intercultural / global team environment
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That's how many lives our products touch. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2019 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
#LI-NOV = Novartis