108,000! That's the number of associates whose lives we touch and improve. Join us in our mission to protect our people, patients and planet. As part of the Novartis Health, Safety and Environment team, this is a new role waiting for you to bring your best and integrate HSE into the business.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• You will facilitate the implementation of the Global HSE Strategy by providing technical expertise and guidance to regional and site management in all Novartis organizations in the EMEA/Asia/Americas region.
• You will oversee HSE support, programs and initiatives in EMEA/Asia/Americas region as well as providing global coordination on various HSE topics and programs in Biosafety, Radiation Safety, Environment, Technical Safety, Pharmaceuticals in Environment & Waste Water or Process Safety management.
• You will provide guidance on compliance with all pertinent HSE regulations in the Region, permits, statutes, local ordinances and/or other externally or internally driven requirements.
• You will ensure follow up on effective implementation of risk and incident management procedures and coach local HSE managers.
• You will analyze and assess the needs, gaps and opportunities in HSE performance in region as well as in specific global HSE topics and programs.
What you'll bring to the role:
• University degree in: safety management, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, environmental science, occupational health and/or medicine, engineering, or related field.
• Overall relevant work experience of at approx. 6-9 years, ideally at multi-national organizations, with knowledge and work experience in HSE. In-depth experience in pharmaceutical, chemical, biomedical research, and/or healthcare industry.
• Experience in leading high impact processes and implementation of improvements across global/regional matrix organizations with cross-functional exposure.
• In-depth understanding of international management system standards for HSE (e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 31000, ISO 22301, ISO 50001), site based HSE operations HSE design standards and HSE compliance requirements in the regions and its countries.
• Understanding of the organization and culture of Novartis becoming Unbossed, Curious and Inspired.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis