PPD's mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it's you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Envision a workplace where you have a direct impact on improving health, work alongside expert scientists, use newest technologies and collaborate with industry thought leaders and therapeutic experts. Welcome to PPD® Laboratories, where science is our passion, quality is our commitment and people are the cornerstone of our success.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
Athlone is one of PPD's fastest-growing laboratory locations. Due to this continued expansion, we are recruiting Analytical Chemists
to join our and Small Molecule group. Analytical chemist -
The role of Analytical Chemist is to perform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds and be responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Key Experience
- Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds.
- Works with multiple functional groups to meet business needs.
- Sets up and maintains analytical instrumentation.
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures QA findings are addressed appropriately.
- Communicates project status to project leader.
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyses data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level in related subjects ie; Chemistry.
- 2+ years' relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (with experience in the following lab testing areas HPLC, GC, MS, Dissolution testing, Karl Fischer, UV-vis, FT-IR, TOC.
What we offer:
- Detailed knowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognise the power of being one team. We understand that you will want to grow both professionally and personally throughout your career, and therefore at PPD you will benefit from an award-winning learning and development programme, ensuring you reach your potential.
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel. - We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you.