Are you a quailified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer with a keen interest in projects? Or do you have experience working in a highly regulated environment?
Do you have a natural ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders?
Do you want to work for a global organization that makes a difference?
If you answered yes then come and join our Facilities Projects Team at Covance in Huntingdon or Shardlow.
Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today. Chances are, you or someone you know has benefitted from a medicine or medical device that Covance helped develop.
As the Facilities Project Manager you will work directly with senior leadership at a global level to manage the inception, vetting, execution and implementation of large renovation, start-ups, and new service line projects for the global organization.Responsibilities:
Responsible for project management functions for large scale complex projects including planning, design, budget, and work scope development including:
- Estimating and scheduling
- Bidding and contracting
- CER development and construction management
- System commissioning and moves
Develops and monitors capital budgets for capital projects
- Strategically and tactically assigns resources (personnel and equipment), implements programs, and drives process improvement to assure financial and budget expectations are met. Monitor all ongoing projects against established timelines, and adjusts as needed based upon resource availability, internal needs and market demand
- Coordinate lab space, materials, equipment, labor, and other resources for each project, as applicable, to ensure efficient cost-effective project execution with the maximum return on investment expected
Establishes and implements standardized project management processes for key functions, such function may be, but are not limited to: finish standards, file management plans, record drawing management
- Prepare and deliver responses to clients and regulatory audits related to Project Management functions
Manages the maintenance of SOPs and P&Ps for all Project Management functions
Provides reports to senior leadership, stakeholders, project customers, and project teams
- Develop and recommend training programs for staff and implement such programs as appropriate
- Minimum of a HNC in a Technical Subject
- Health and Safety Qualification a preferred;
- Certification in Project Management a preferred;
- Experience of works in a highly regulated or critical environment a preferred;
- In depth knowledge and experience in a project environment.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Able to demonstrate a track record of managing multiple projects to a successful and timely conclusion;
- Strong familiarity with project management software (MS Project, Visio, CAD) and MS Office;
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organisational Agility;
- Dealing with Ambiguity;
- Action Oriented;
- Customer Focus;
- Functional / Technical Skills;
- Flexible attitude prepared to travel and prepared to work overtime to meet project deadlines.