On behalf of my client, the scientific department of an agri-food client, we are recruiting for a Senior Scientist based in Co. Monaghan
The Senior Scientist is a key role within the Horticulture Research Programme. Reporting to the Horticulture Programme Manager, the Senior Scientist will drive project execution and research.
The deliverables of the Senior Scientist role include:
- Project management of horticulture / sustainability focussed project
- Management of key milestones within assigned project and manage completion of project to time and budget.
- Management and co-ordination of resources to achieve project objectives
- Maintain funding support for research activities
- Development of technical reports and presentation of data to team members and other stakeholders, including company executives
This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change and amendment.
Competencies to perform the role
- Communication: Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills: Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve out of specification data.
- Can do attitude: Must have a ‘can do’ entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on ‘doing the right stuff’ and ‘getting stuff done’!
- Growth: A thirst to learn, grow and keep in touch with innovation within the wider industry;
- Organisation: Highly efficient administration, detail focussed and exacting on time.
- Research standards: conduct research according to the general principles of good research based on honesty, cooperation and responsibility on accurate data acquisition and storage and managing appropriately any conflicts of interest.
Experience and Qualifications
- MSc in Horticulture, Agronomy or related plus 2+ years of research experience
- Project management experience is required
- A proven track record in research will be advantageous.
- Proven record of attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency yet have the ability to be impartial and objective.
Other significant role requirements
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time.
- It is required that the Senior Scientist holds a driving license to travel in order to achieve deliverables.
For more information and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.comThornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671