On behalf of my client, the scientific department of an agri-food client, we are recruiting for a Principle Scientist based in Co. Monaghan.
The Principal Scientist is a key role within the Horticulture Research Programme. Reporting to the Horticulture Programme Manager, the Principal Scientist is a leadership role with project management responsibility. The Principal Scientist will drive forward the development of microbiological solutions.
The deliverables of this role include:
- Management of research projects from conception to completion
- Obtain and maintain funding support for research activities
- Budget and resource management of project
- Supervisory and mentorship responsibilities for teams
- Development of technical reports and presentation of data to team members and other stakeholders, including company executives.
- This is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change and amendment.
Competencies to perform the role
- Communication: Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Can do attitude: Must have a ‘can do’ entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on ‘doing the right stuff’ and ‘getting stuff done’!
- Growth: A thirst to learn, grow and keep in touch with innovation within the wider industry;
- Organisation: Highly efficient administration, detail focussed and exacting on time.
- Research standards: conduct research according to the general principles of good research based on honesty, cooperation and responsibility on accurate data acquisition and storage and managing appropriately any conflicts of interest.
Experience and Qualifications
- Possess a PhD in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Horticultural Science or related plus 3 years of research experience
- Possess a MSc in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Horticultural Science or related plus 4+ years of research experience
- A proven track record in research will be advantageous
- Possess excellent computer skills including databases, excel, word and statistical packages
Other significant role requirements
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours to ensure deliverables are achieved on time
- It is required to that the Principal Scientist holds a driving license to travel in order to achieve deliverables
For more information and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.comThornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. Www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671