Director, Strategic Projects & China - Global Oncology Diagnostics
Reporting to: Head of Global Oncology Diagnostics
Location: Cambridge, UK or Gaithersburg, USA
Role: Key role within the Global Oncology Diagnostics responsible for defining, driving and delivering innovation and strategic initiatives for patient identification worldwide.
Strategic initiatives focus on shaping and implementing high-value transformational projects that will make a very positive impact on the business and the company's success.
China is a key strategic market for AstraZeneca and shaping innovative diagnostics solutions will be a critical driver in enabling launches and the expansion of AstraZeneca portfolio and pipeline of targeted therapies in China.
- Develop long-term patient identification strategy for AstraZeneca pipeline products in collaboration with Precision Medicine and Translational Medicine to support the oncology portfolio strategy.
- Identify and prioritize key strategic projects (in most cases pan-Brand/pan-Tumour) that will have the biggest impact on market trends and could transform/disrupt current established diagnostics models in order to maximize patient benefits.
- Working cross-functionally develop innovative solutions and tools that could transform patient identification globally - including medical diagnostics as well as utilizing data analytics/AI and other digital tools.
- Collect customer in-sights, lead market assessment (including drivers such as Regulatory, Markets Access, etc.) and conduct strategic evaluations of diagnostics options.
- Provide inputs into the design and Target Product Profile for solutions being developed for various global markets.
- China. Lead cross-functional efforts to identify, assess and select Diagnostics for patient identification on China. Facilitate transition of diagnostics solutions used in development of therapies into the real ecosystem of patient testing in China.
- A solid understanding of the role of biomarkers and Diagnostics in personalized medicine
- Working knowledge of the clinical laboratory testing environments (including regulatory, reimbursement, and promotional guidelines) in key markets including U.S., Japan, EU, Canada, and China. Experience working in China is a must.
- Track record of defining and executing diagnostic initiatives in collaboration with key global functions including Market Research, Competitive Intelligence, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Legal, Supply Operations, and Communications.
- Bachelor's Degree and advanced degree in Marketing and an MBA preferred.
- Essential experience in a life sciences company with relevant strategic marketing and/or consulting experience.
- Understanding of Diagnostic and oncology trends with an ability to integrate knowledge or research from multiple data sources to develop and support assumptions.
- Experience working in a matrix organization. Exceptional communicator and collaborator who can effectively influence and drive change within the organization
- Language, fluent English, Chinese languages would be an advantage